Autoentrepreneur professions

Rose (& Greyman)

This might help: http://www.apce.com/cid82931/herve-novelli-auto-entrepreneur-et-professions-liberales.html?pid=328

I believe there is a transcription in English somewhere on the web, but I can't find it at present.

Judie managed to bypass this particular problem and has officially been an interpreter (and adviser to English-speakers in dealing with the French systems) under the AE regime since about 6th January.

One advantage of waiting a bit longer, rather than registering as a non-liberale, is that the total cotisations + tax for a profession liberale are 20.5% compared to 23% for other service trades.

According to the main (unofficial) AE site I frequent the problem should be solved within the next two weeks.

http://www.auto-entrepreneur.fr/forum/probleme-cipav-f20.html (I'm not sure if you have to register for this site before you can rewad the forums)

Also, Hervé Novelli was asked in a Web Chat interview recently and said 'mid Feb'.

ALAIN01: Pourquoi est-ce que je n'arrive pas à obtenir une immatriculation en profession libérale ? En l'occurrence, Conseiller/Consultant. Merci.

Hervé Novelli : Vous pourrez le faire dès la mi-fevrier grâce à la modification législative intervenue récemment au Parlement, à mon initiative. Le site lautoentrepreneur.fr sera opérationnel dans votre cas à cette date.

http://www.lesechos.fr/patrimoine/famille/300326250-bien-comprendre-le-statut-de-l-auto-entrepreneur.htm

Hello

Being really nosey now Albert so feel free to tell me to mind my own business but, are you going to change over yourself?  I think we do similar work and I am still on the fence as to whether it's worth the hassle for me, also can I still change it being I was unable tp as a PL before mid Feb?

Panda

Hi, Panda.

Yes, I'm just waiting for the PL problem to be ironed out and then I'll register as an AE.

As I only moved permanently to France in late 2008 I'm in Limbo a bit at present. If I'd realised how long it was going to take I'd have got an E10-something to cover the gap between arriving and registering. Fortunately all my clients are British and I still have my UK Ltd in being so I'm invoicing through that and then I'll bill the Ltd once I'm registered.

My OH will also be registering -- she's a language teacher so also caught by the PL trap.

My quandary at present is whether to shut down my Ltd . I'd rather do away with it completely and shut down its bank account, but if I have to to go back to contracting in the UK if my present sources of work dry up it'll be a pain sorting that out as a non-UK resident.

I can't remember your circumstances, but as registering as an AE is so easy I can't see much hassle involved.

Hello

I'm already registered as a micro bnc as prof liberale.  I earn up to just about the limit and I am in year 4 so I think the move to AE has limited benefits.  I am also now working as a salaried employee and again not sure how that will affect things, I now have less time to spend on my own buisness I guess so earning via that route will be likely less this year and as an employee I pay my cotis as I go.  Lots  think about..and no obvious answers.

Thanks for the info, I think I will wait fo rit to be possible and then look at it again.

Panda

If you're already in year 4 then it's probably not worth changing to micro-social. The big advantage is in the first few years where the 'traditional' Micro cotisations are based on default values for turnover.

On the other hand, if you expect your turnover to start dropping then it might still be a good idea to change. That way the cotisations stay in step with your latest three months rather than two year old figures.

There's no particular problem being salaried and micro-social.

Very quick reply - When I submitted a form in January, the reply came back that it would be held on file for one month, with an expiry date given. Having passed this, I re-submitted this morning on URSSAF's revamped site - they actually mention 'professions libérales' and if you tick that box to start with, the form seems to adjust itself, knowing you are not a plumber etc.

Best of luck, Peter-D de R.

As from the 16th Feb you can register as AE if your profession isn't regulated.  If it is, then within the next few weeks (within a month, the man on the help line told me), you'll be able to register.  Hope that helps.

Sorry, my last message was a little late... but you can work without your SIRET no, you just need to re-invoice when it eventually comes through.  You can work from the start date that you have given on your application. 

Hi

Great news for all us Prof. Liberales that the system is finally in place for us to register as AE's.   I am just about to register as an AE but have a couple of questions: 

1.  Is there any great difference between the various Assurances Maladie that you have to choose when filling in the on-line application?

2.  If I choose one of the Assurances on-line when completing the AE application form will this mean I join automatically or do I have to contact them direct.

3.  I am currently covered by CMU de base, will this be cancelled automatically when I register as AE or do I need to visit CPAM once I have my Siret number to cancel myself?

As always thanks to everyone for the useful help and information.

Bertiebe

[quote user="Bertiebe"]

Hi

Great news for all us Prof. Liberales that the system is finally in place for us to register as AE's.   I am just about to register as an AE but have a couple of questions: 

1.  Is there any great difference between the various Assurances Maladie that you have to choose when filling in the on-line application?

2.  If I choose one of the Assurances on-line when completing the AE application form will this mean I join automatically or do I have to contact them direct.

3.  I am currently covered by CMU de base, will this be cancelled automatically when I register as AE or do I need to visit CPAM once I have my Siret number to cancel myself?

As always thanks to everyone for the useful help and information.

Bertiebe

[/quote]

1. We used the pin the tail to the donkey trick on that one. We didn't have a clue either. Why are there so many of them? Confusing.

2. It happens automatically I believe.

3. Will be interested in finding the answer to this myself.

1. No, no difference, apart from the fact that some might be more efficiently-run than others. But with more dealings with them being channelled through RSI even that difference is getting blurred. The number to choose from basically varies according to the nature of your business.

2. The outfit you choose will very soon be in touch with you - most likely trying to sell you its own top-up policies and all sorts of other products.

3. As soon as your social security number is moved to your new primary health provider, which happens automatically, you cease to exist as far as your local CPAM is concerned. Note that does not apply if you are in salaried employment or have other grounds for staying affiliated to CPAM, in which case you will have to deal with, and pay, both bodies.

Auto-entrepreneur and CPAM

Question for Will, following your last post: can you elaborate on 'the other grounds for staying with CPAM' you mention - does this, for example include British retired residents in France who wish to use the auto-entrepreneur statute to earn some extra cash (I suspect there are quite a few!)?

I have put the question directly to the APCE/auto-entrepreneur question box and will post the reply as soon as I receive it. Meanwhile any practical experience would I am sure be useful.

On various forums the notion is that you pay/are covered by CPAM continues, and that you pay another 'caisse' for your addtional earnings as an auto-entrepreneur (out of the percentage deducation on earnings) (as you state in point 3). Whether you get anything back that you don't already get as a retired person (CPAM) is another matter. I have mentioned this in other posts and when I challenged the various public bodies their reply as 'But, ah, you are helping the others'. Okay I don't mind doing my bit to reduce France's public healthcare deficit but not at the cost of jeopardising my existing cover.

Thanks, Peter-D de R.  

Peter, yes, my interpretation agrees with yours.

I know for a fact that Judie (Mrs Will) still pays employee cotisations to CPAM and she will make additional payments - presumably to RSI and/or URSSAF - when she has made her first declaration of turnover under her autoentrepreneur business. These extra contributions will not give her any greater degree of cover (but may build up a point or two towards retirement) - I think of them in the same way as earnings-related NI contributions in UK. I have no reason to believe that people who deal with CPAM by virtue of being in France on an E-form will be treated any differently.

The waters become muddied when you are 'inactif' without E-form or residency cover, or when the autoentrepreneur or micro-social regime represents your sole or principal income, as seems to be the case with Bertiebe. This might be if you are changing from another regime, if you have previously been on CMU complémentaire, or you are using your AE status in order to properly enter the French health system. It appears then you will have nothing to do with CPAM - just as would happen if you were transferring from salaried employment or non-working status to self-employment under the older regimes, when you would move from being covered via CPAM to an alternative caisse for your type of work (which I have experience of, but not as an AE).

But this is one of those questions that needs official clarification, so it wil be interesting to see if you can throw any further light on this through answers to your question on the AE site.

Auto-entrepreneur and retired Brit cont'd:

I have just had a reply from the APCE Q and A service and they say that in these circumstances my primary insurance would be via RSI. I frankly don't think this is correct - I retained my CPAM cover (and carte vitale) when employed by a local estate agency, as well as paying (as did the employer) massive additional contributions under 15 different headings!

I will await the result of my AE 'declaration' and take up the matter with CPAM or whoever at that point. I will keep you up to date with the result for everyone's information.

Peter-D de R.