E121 + Autoentrepreneur

milkeybar kid

Curious to know if you have an E121 and register as Autoentrepreneur , do you give up the E121 that was aquired through reaching retirement getting UK state pension, or would you keep E121 and not pay the extra cotisation part that goes toward your French health?

That is correct. Think of the cotisations more as tax, i.e. your contribution to the French social security system from your additional income, rather than as a sort of 'membership fee'. It needs every centime it can get.

Quite normal given that most British Health tourists benefit from a superior system to which they have never paid the set up costs, but from which they want to benefit at no cost to themselves paid for by  of the British taxpayer.

I believe that when the conservatives win the next election this anomaly will be got rid of.

How would that be done then Norman? The E-forms that such people use to gain access to the French health service are European, not just British. Or are you implying that the reciprocal health care agreements with other countries would be abolished? No doubt that would go down well in principle with a certain type of right-wing voter, but as the NHS is available to any bona-fide resident of the United Kingdom it wouldn't have much of a positive effect on the NHS finances.

NormanH,

Your post does not really make sense. British immigrants to France are not 'Health tourists', they are residents of France. Equally, they have paid into the British health service and, as we are all European now, they are subject to the agreed European reciprocal arrangements.

You seem to have a strangely jaundiced view of such matters.

[quote user="NormanH"]Quite normal given that most British Health tourists benefit from a superior system to which they have never paid the set up costs, but from which they want to benefit at no cost to themselves paid for by  of the British taxpayer.
[/quote]

So do or will you receive nothing from the UK Norman, will you make a principled stand as a French resident and deline any benefits including pension that you may have accrued in the UK?

And what's all this tax that we pay, some of us in both countries, I don't see that many of us here are 'health tourists' at all, many people here still have to 'pay their way' including social charges which are, I think, paid towards health care.