AE letting property

oldgit72

I believe that letting furnished property is included in the AE list of occupations. Also unfurnished if you are a 'professional landlord'. Can anyone confirm this and also what constitutes being a professional landlord in terms of income and also what constitutes a furnished letting ie what needs to be provided/terms of letting etc.

Thanks.

[quote user="oldgit72"]

I believe that letting furnished property is included in the AE list of occupations. Also unfurnished if you are a 'professional landlord'. Can anyone confirm this and also what constitutes being a professional landlord in terms of income and also what constitutes a furnished letting ie what needs to be provided/terms of letting etc.

Thanks.

[/quote]

I use the AE scheme for gite rentals and I have been given the interesting classification of "autre herbergements".  On my application form I just wrote "locations saissonieres - gites" - let the powers that be decide the official terminology.  

[quote user="Fi"]I use the AE scheme for gite rentals and I have been given the interesting classification of "autre herbergements".  On my application form I just wrote "locations saissonieres - gites" - let the powers that be decide the official terminology.[/quote]

I have registered under "location meublée de vacances", but the description on my paperwork is "Location de logements".

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="Fi"]I use the AE scheme for gite rentals and I have been given the interesting classification of "autre herbergements".  On my application form I just wrote "locations saissonieres - gites" - let the powers that be decide the official terminology.[/quote]

I have registered under "location meublée de vacances", but the description on my paperwork is "Location de logements".[/quote]

Maybe mine is different because they are in the same building as our main residence?  A thought.

Thanks for the responses. It seems that renting out a furnished gite qualifies for entry into the AE system. I also asssume that you are issued with a Carte Vitale on this basis? Does anyone know the position with renting out unfurnished lets?

I think there is a certain lack of clarity about getting social security benefits from the AE scheme.  Otherwise everyone would do it and claim a minimal income and mzimum benefits - I don't think this was why the scheme was set up in the first place.   We get our CV via my husband's E106 (from the Netherlands).  On my AE form I didn't have a ss number of my own, but I'm not sure if simply registering is enough to get the benefits.  I have asked INSEE about getting my own number and was told it was en cours, they had a bezillion AE applications to deal with and I would be informed in due course. 

Hey ho, the sun is shining and there are slugs to be slaughtered!

Fi

[quote user="Fi"]I think there is a certain lack of clarity about getting social security benefits from the AE scheme.  Otherwise everyone would do it and claim a minimal income and mzimum benefits - I don't think this was why the scheme was set up in the first place.   We get our CV via my husband's E106 (from the Netherlands).  On my AE form I didn't have a ss number of my own, but I'm not sure if simply registering is enough to get the benefits.  I have asked INSEE about getting my own number and was told it was en cours, they had a bezillion AE applications to deal with and I would be informed in due course. 

Hey ho, the sun is shining and there are slugs to be slaughtered!

Fi

[/quote]

Fi thanks for the ongoing info. I'm certain the scheme wasn't set up to allow inactif Brits to get into the system, more to get French people working illegaly to pay into the system by registering. If they have got a few hundred thousand people paying into a system that needs any additional funds it can get it's hands on then I doubt they will be too interested in a few hundred Brits who benefit as a bi-product. As with most things in life, it's about getting what you need whilst staying within the rules.

"I'm certain the scheme wasn't set up to allow inactif Brits to get into the system, more to get French people working illegaly to pay into the system by registering. If they have got a few hundred thousand people paying into a system that needs any additional funds it can get it's hands on then I doubt they will be too interested in a few hundred Brits who benefit as a bi-product. As with most things in life, it's about getting what you need whilst staying within the rules."

Absolutely.  Couldn't agree with you more.  I think the authorities were slightly surprised by the rate of take-up, any maybe didn't consider every single possible scenario, hence the confusion.  However, in my ever so humble opinion, there does seem to be a feeling from some contributors on this subject on this forum and the other one,  that, by wanting to register our (in my case ever so tiny) businesses and work within a proper legal and fiscal framework in the simplest way possible, we are in some way trying to rip off the system.  Not so! 

It's raining now.  Dutch weather - not what I came here for! My little limace chums will like it though.

Fi

[quote user="Fi"]

"I'm certain the scheme wasn't set up to allow inactif Brits to get into the system, more to get French people working illegaly to pay into the system by registering. If they have got a few hundred thousand people paying into a system that needs any additional funds it can get it's hands on then I doubt they will be too interested in a few hundred Brits who benefit as a bi-product. As with most things in life, it's about getting what you need whilst staying within the rules."

Absolutely.  Couldn't agree with you more.  I think the authorities were slightly surprised by the rate of take-up, any maybe didn't consider every single possible scenario, hence the confusion.  However, in my ever so humble opinion, there does seem to be a feeling from some contributors on this subject on this forum and the other one,  that, by wanting to register our (in my case ever so tiny) businesses and work within a proper legal and fiscal framework in the simplest way possible, we are in some way trying to rip off the system.  Not so! 

It's raining now.  Dutch weather - not what I came here for! My little limace chums will like it though.

Fi

[/quote]

Raining in Charente too but here it's British rain - grey and cold. As a matter of interest Fi does a Dutch E106 expire after 2 years or do the Dutch provide permanent payment for healthcare in France in the same way they would if you were still in Holland?

[quote user="oldgit72"][quote user="Fi"]

Fi

[/quote]

Raining in Charente too but here it's British rain - grey and cold. As a matter of interest Fi does a Dutch E106 expire after 2 years or do the Dutch provide permanent payment for healthcare in France in the same way they would if you were still in Holland?

[/quote]

The healthcare system in Holland is insurance based.  For as long as my husband is working there and paying the insurance premium, we will have an E106.  However, we will need to renew it, if he's still working there (which I really hope he won't be!).  The E106 is issued by the insurance company, not the state.