Autoentepreneur first payment

Mr Coeur de Lion

I understand the first payment is due around about now for the first quarter.

Tried lodging it online, but was met with a page with about 20 boxes to choose from to tick. Have no idea what that is about, so thought I would wait until I received something in th post as I am sure they will be desperate to take the money off of us. What government isn't?

But so far nothing. Has anyone else reeived any forms to fill in? I thought this was supposed to make things simple and easy? Has anyone managed to lodge successfully online? Thought it was a straight 23% (in my case) of the earnings for a period, just send payment and that's it. Am I wrong?

Any advice gratefully received,

R.

My payment is not due until October. I did register for payment online and completed a DD authorisation for my bank. I have not received anything concerning payment or income declaration by post.

If you do  not declare any AE income in 12 months, you will be de-registered.

Hi

I filed my first declaration on line at    

http://www.net-entreprises.fr/

I found it quite easy but had to register with them first now i just need to wait to see if it is taken out of my bank account on 31/07.

I did receive the paper format last week but i did not fill it in incase i pay twice.

Hope this helps

Jayne

I've been registered since the 1/01/09 and made my first declaration in April after the first trimestre ( Jan - March). I'm just about to do my second 3 months. As the previous poster, I do it through net-entreprises.fr.

If you are unsure when you should declare, do contact your URSSAF office. I've found mine very helpful if somewhat unready for the whole thing.

NB I didn't receive anything asking me to declare, I just went ahead and did so.

[quote user="Judie"]I've been registered since the 1/01/09 and made my first declaration in April after the first trimestre ( Jan - March). I'm just about to do my second 3 months. As the previous poster, I do it through net-entreprises.fr.

If you are unsure when you should declare, do contact your URSSAF office. I've found mine very helpful if somewhat unready for the whole thing.

NB I didn't receive anything asking me to declare, I just went ahead and did so.[/quote]

Like Judie, I've been registered since January but received an email inviting me to go on-line and make the second payment which is due by 31 July.

Jan

[quote user="LyndaandRichard"]

One question though.

Versement liberatoire de l'import sur le revenu?

What does that mean? I selected yes.

Thanks

[/quote]

As far as I know, you've jsut volunteered to pay an extra x% to cover your income tax too.  This may or may not be OK for you, depending on whether you earn enough to cross the tax payment threshold.

Jan

Hello,

One answer, one question.

The answer:  When you registered as AE, and if you opted for regime fiscal micro simplifiee (simplified tax regime - flat rate 1%) AND you checked box 8, pour the versement liberatoire etc, then you opted to pay tax at the same time as social charges and you were right to click OUI on your declaration and the amount will have gone up by 1%.

Now, the question:  We went live on 1 April.  That's the date I've put in the 'Date de changement éventuel pour un régime réel d'imposition' box having just declared my 2nd trimestre income. Next time, do I put 1 July, i.e. is it the date from which you are declaring?  Or what?

Please accept, Monsieur/Madam, the expression of our best greetings

bertiebe

[quote user="Bertiebe"]the question:  We went live on 1 April.  That's the date I've put in the 'Date de changement éventuel pour un régime réel d'imposition' box having just declared my 2nd trimestre income. Next time, do I put 1 July, i.e. is it the date from which you are declaring?  Or what?
[/quote]

As far as I can see you don't touch that box at all unless you changed from réel to micro-social (or is it the other way round?) during the current declaration period.

• 2 months later...

Thanks a lot for this link, a useful site.  But I am still confused.  The site states:

"You indeed have until the end of your second quarter in business to make your first declaration. So, if you registered after the 31st March, your first compulsory declaration will take place by 31st October."

It's probably a very silly question, but can anyone advise me which months of work I need to declare in my first declaration in October, having registered mid-April?  Would it be half April/May/June/ or all the months from mid-April till September? 

Many thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to hijack this thread but thought better than opening another on similar subject!

This new regime - the Autoentepreneur, are you only paying tax at a higher rate? If so, and youre not paying social charges, what happens with pension & health contributions?

Hello Celestine

They are paying a flat rate for everything of around 23%, this includes social charges and tax.  This compares to a normal Micro where 24% social charges plus tax is paid.  There's not a lot in it but for a start up the AE gives much reduced year 1 charges if they do not earn up to the maximum. 

Panda

Hi Panda,

Do you know what the maximun is please? There are quite a lot of people (Ive heard!) quitting being artisans and re-starting on this AE but doesnt really seem to be that beneficial on those percentages. We dont earn enough to pay tax. We do pay social charges but dont think there would be much in it to be honest.

Thanks for your help again Panda!

We have just paid our second payment at the Post Office, tried to do it online the first time, but no luck, also went to USSAF to pay it in cash, the woman at the desk said she could only accept a cheque, however she gave us the forms to pay at the Post Office, so all sorted now.

[quote user="Celestine"]

Hi Panda,

Do you know what the maximun is please? There are quite a lot of people (Ive heard!) quitting being artisans and re-starting on this AE but doesnt really seem to be that beneficial on those percentages. We dont earn enough to pay tax. We do pay social charges but dont think there would be much in it to be honest.

Thanks for your help again Panda!

[/quote]

The maximums are the same as for a micro.  It's not going to be madly beneficial if you are past year 3 as you are by this time working on actual income for social charge calculation, before that they have a system of estimation which is crippling if you earn well below the maximum. 

Panda

• 2 weeks later...
Versement liberatoire de l'impot sur le revenu = did you opt for youru income tax paid at source?

When you registered your business you had the option to pay your income tax on a quarterly basis, as you do for your turnover. Dig out your registration form and check if you did. If you did add an extra 1% (activite commerciales) for sales activity or 2.2% for services (prestations de services).