Looking for web development work

Susan

Hi

I am moving to France at the end of July. I have a place on the border of Dordogne(24) and Limousin(87). I have over 18 years it experience and I am looking for website development work.

Sue

Susan, I hope you have factored into your move the strong probability that you will not be able to find work in your area of France. Presumably, being a website developer you can work in France for UK clients, which might be the more realistic option.

The one thing I have noticed, is that there is huge competition for work amongst freelance website developers, to the extent that their charge out rates have reduced substantively.

Not forgetting too that to work legally you will have to either be an employee of a French company or set yourself up as Auto-Entrepreneur etc. You cannot work from home and say nothing even if it were only for UK or non French clients.

Also, if you are coming over with an E106 for your health cover, you should be aware that it will become invalid if you started work in France and once you have lost it you cannot get another.

Apologies if you are aware of these things.