AutoEntrepeneur and Healthcare

Fiona

Hi, I am currently covered and have a Carte Vitale through my e106, which is valid until Jan 2011. However, I have recently started doing some part time home based work for which I intend to register as AE to pay my taxes etc. My question is; if I register as an AE now will my current E106 cover be cancelled - and could I potentially end up with less health cover than at present? Also can I back date my declared earnings? So if I don't register until August do I just declare what I have earned from now until then?

Hope you can help

Thanks

AnOther is right. However, you should not have any less cover as an AE than from an E106. I moved to France just before the AE became available so never bothered to register my E106. I have had full standard cover including reimbursement of doctor and dentist fees plus pharmacy costs (all at 70% if I remember rightly) plus I get 100% cover on two ALDs. These have included 8 weeks in hospital, two operations and assorted home and out-patient tests and treatments.

Sometimes it can be a pain getting transferred from CPAM to another caisse. My wife has been in limbo for a few weeks now trying to sort this out -- and she's French.

I have been asked by someone who is reg as AE to help with some changeovers as she has got too much work on, I do not intend to start working on the black, is there a way that she can empley me temp under the AE regime

[quote user="julia"]I have been asked by someone who is reg as AE to help with some changeovers as she has got too much work on, I do not intend to start working on the black, is there a way that she can employ me temp under the AE regime[/quote]

Nope! Not sensibly anyway. For a start, she would have to pay tax and cotisations on what she pays you as it would form part of her turnover. None of the cotisations would be credited to you so you wouldn't get any healthcare or other (!?!) benefits.

If this is likely to be more than a one-off why not register yourself as an AE as well. Then the clients could pay you directly. Although AE is a big improvement over previous French rules it still isn't as simple and flexible as running a small business in Britain.

• 2 weeks later...
French health care and pregnancy cover explained

http://www.startbusinessinfrance.com/video/french-health-care-cover-explained-video

In this 25 minute video I give you a complete overview of how the French health care system works for entrepreneurs. Find out how to set up your health cover, how to get your social security number, how your carte vitale works and how to add members of your family onto your health scheme - plus much more. It also includes practical tips and pregnancy cover for women entrepreneurs.

It shouldn't be a problem. I believe that it may depend on which earns you the most money that decides which caisse you come under.

My wife is an AE and also works for an association under cheque emploi associative. She was originally covered for health care via CPAM but she has been transferred with effect from the beginning of this year to RSI -- the AE caisse. Due to the wonders of French bureaucracy it took several months for her dossier to be moved from CPAM to RSI, but she now has an attestation from RSI.