La Poste - prices change today. Does Eco Paquet still exist?

zarathustra

Prices have changed on the La Poste website today. Although it's a service I've never used, I couldn't see Eco Paquet on the price list, though they still have petit paquet prioritaire for international post. Anyone know if La Poste have disposed of the Eco service?

Can't answer rhat one Zarathustra but I do know they are closing a lot of the local letter boxes as they are not being well used and La Poste think it's not worth stopping and collecting only one or two letters per day from remote letter boxes.

Never fear! according to our village bulletin this week all you have to do is, use a clothes peg and clip your letter to your own letter box, complete with stamp of course and it will be collected. [:)].................... priceless![:)]

[quote user="Cendrillon"]Can't answer rhat one Zarathustra but I do know they are closing a lot of the local letter boxes as they are not being well used and La Poste think it's not worth stopping and collecting only one or two letters per day from remote letter boxes.

Never fear! according to our village bulletin this week all you have to do is, use a clothes peg and clip your letter to your own letter box, complete with stamp of course and it will be collected. [:)].................... priceless![:)]

[/quote]

I have not had to use a clothes peg yet, but the facteur always takes my stamped letters with him...Saves me a trip to the village where the mail is collected by 10am... [:)]

[quote user="zarathustra"]Prices have changed on the La Poste website today. Although it's a service I've never used, I couldn't see Eco Paquet on the price list, though they still have petit paquet prioritaire for international post. Anyone know if La Poste have disposed of the Eco service?[/quote]

Yes they have - it is still described on the La Poste International site here http://www.laposte.fr/courrierinternational/index.php?id=78#avantages

but when you click through to the tarifs page all international "economique" services are conspicuous by their absence.

It was announced in May - apparently not enough people used the service to keep it going !

http://www.french-property.com/news/money_france/la_poste_cheap_international_service/

Based on that article and the fact it is missing on the price list page I would say the service no longer exists. Many of the pages on La Poste do not get updated that quickly, but the price list is usually up to date.

One thing rings true in that article, in that the staff often do not seem very aware about the various postal options, rules/regulations and dimensions for sending. I always take a copy of the price list, along with some pages from La Poste and the Postal Universal Manual which I have had to use to make my point, and eventually they have to conceed, albeit with a bit of resentment for being shown they don't know their job properly.

I too have seen an economique  price tarif too.

I have to say that if a postal price didn't suit me, I would insist that they keep going through their system to find one that might. In general I prefered to post our the nearest Centre de Tri, limited opening hours, but always on the ball with all the prices and ofcourse things would leave immediately from there.

Hi, yes, I presumed overseas meant the EU and so on, but as far as ecopli is concerned it does seem to mean overseas french colonies, even as far as antarctica! Can't understand why they can't offer that tariff to the EU. Makes sending anything out of France much more expensive than sending the same thing overseas from the UK.

Lettre Prioritaire Internationale is 20 cents cheaper than petit paquet, but I am not sure what the definition of a letter would be. My wife sends her stuff out in small jiffy bags, they're fairly flat, certainly under 2cm thick. Anyone know what the rules are or where the info is on LaPoste's website (I've looked but can't find)? Thanks

I think it can often depend on the mood of the counter person! Mrs G tried to send a tee shirt in a large gusseted envelope comme d'hab but at that particular post office it didn't pass the squash flat test, she was given a large foil evelope packet and told to send it in that at a seriously increased price. We now use the do it yourself post machines in supermarkets, far less hassle.

Letter should be printed material, books, documents etc. I send printed paper material, but put them in poster tubes so they do not get crushed, but depending on which post office I go to, and who the member of staff is, they often seem confused that documents are allowed to be sent in poster tubes.

You can send fairly big items by courrier - see this page:

http://www.laposte.fr/courrierinternational/index.php?id=595

Carte : longueur comprise entre 140 et 235 mm*, largeur entre 90 et 120 mm*.

Rouleaux : longueur (L) + 2 diamètres compris entre 170 et 1 040 mm*, la plus grande dimension ne pouvant être supérieure à 100 mm*, la longueur ne pouvant dépasser 900 mm*.

Autres envois : longueur (L) + largeur (l) + hauteur (H) = 900 mm (la longueur ne pouvant pas dépasser 600 mm*).

* avec une tolérance de 2 mm.