Client Base

tracyfance

Hi all,

My partner and I wish to move to the Languedoc region of France in the next few years. I am a self employed clairvoyant-medium right now so I want to establish a client base in France in advance of the move. I would be grateful  if anyone on here could point me in the right direction to network initially with the ex-pat community until my French is at a level that I can Read for the French.

Most of my clients tend to be female and over 18 but I find that they come from all different backgrounds.

Thanks guys.

Tracy

[quote user="tracyfance"]Hi all,

My partner and I wish to move to the Languedoc region of France in the next few years. I am a self employed clairvoyant-medium right now so I want to establish a client base in France in advance of the move. I would be grateful  if anyone on here could point me in the right direction to network initially with the ex-pat community until my French is at a level that I can Read for the French.

Most of my clients tend to be female and over 18 but I find that they come from all different backgrounds.

Thanks guys.

Tracy

[/quote]

I didn't see this post coming so I could need your "reading"

Self employed,well I hope you understand the dangers and costs of doing that here because you pay heavily. With the economic situation grave here, I doubt ex-pats would have money to spend on such things to be honest when most are only just keeping their heads and families above water and with three million unemployed here too!

A more serious reply to the OP - though she has probably worked it out for herself - I think you'll struggle to find many clients amongst the expat community. It takes a certain type of person to become an expat and I doubt there is much crossover with the average client that you get in the UK. Expats tend to have their feet firmly on the ground and they believe in themselves and making their own destiny rather than listening to external influences, they have already made at least one life-changing decision, and a lot of them know all about trying to match reality up with expectations and predictions. No offence but I think that apart from a few bored affluent housewives who are starved of English female companionship, you might find them tough cookies to crack. However, you could start by taking out adverts in the expat newspapers and magazines? There are a handful that are widely read.