'agent commercial' for estate agency

Frank

Hi everyone

I have been approached by a French estate agency with an 'offer' of becoming an agent commmercial to sell properties.  Does anyone know of any links/forums that I could view to try and find information on the legalities/registration process etc.  Or if anyone already is or has experience of being an agent and can point me in the right direction for info, it would be much appreciated, thanks in advance as always for any replies

Crucial info to find out  - are they taking you on with a contract, CDD or CDI (temporary or permanent); is it salaried or just commission.

More often than not an "agent commercial" is expected to be independent - eg autoentrepreneur - and thus you will be paying your own cotisations.

Beware that if commission only you can end up paying out a surprisingly large amount in petrol etc to visit properties - and don't get a penny unless/until you sell something. Be aware also that you won't get your commission until the "acte authentique" point of the sale i.e. right at the end which is usually 3 months or even longer since the day you showed the property and got the offer.

Bear in mind also that the property market is not exactly booming at the moment - depending on where you're based of course.

(apologies if you are already aware of any/all of this)

Some good info on the Pole Emploi site

http://www.pole-emploi.fr/actualites/negociateur-immobilier-un-commercial-dans-l-ame-@/suarticle.jspz?id=78205

Good luck

Many thanks Lou, they say it will be a contract between the agency and myself for the commission and I will be independant as an 'auto entrepeneur'  The agency says they will apply for permits etc to allow me to work as an agent from the prefecture.  I will have a good look at the pole emploi site before I speak with them again, thanks again