Paying CFE as auto entrepreneur

EuroTrash

This is the first year I've had to pay cotisations foncière d'entreprise, I've received the paper avis that says it has to be paid electronically and I've been waiting for the avis to appear in my espace client, but it still hasn't. It's not due yet but I am surprised that it is not there already, usually these things seem to show online before the paper avis arrives.

So am wondering if there is something different about this tax that I should know, and sitting back waiting for it to pop up online so that I can pay it is not the right strategy.

[quote user="EuroTrash"]This is the first year I've had to pay cotisations foncière d'entreprise, I've received the paper avis that says it has to be paid electronically and I've been waiting for the avis to appear in my espace client, but it still hasn't. It's not due yet but I am surprised that it is not there already, usually these things seem to show online before the paper avis arrives.

So am wondering if there is something different about this tax that I should know, and sitting back waiting for it to pop up online so that I can pay it is not the right strategy.[/quote]

Just a guess, but are you currently using the espace client under the particulier tab, or the professionnel tab?

My husband has also received a demand for payment, but he is now retired. He has received an 'attestation de radiation' from the RSI and we are in the process of registering him at the CPAM so he can receive a new Carte Vitale.

Does he simply write to the Centre des Finances Publiques that issued the demand and explain he is now retired and perhaps send a copy of the RSI letter?

To be honest we still don't quite understand what the CFE-IFER demand relates to.

Hi Rob Roy (you sound very male, how come you have a hubbie??!!??)

If he was still registered on 1st Jan this year it will be more complicated than that, as technically that makes him liable. But if he has earned nothing, or next to, during 2014, he should be able to get let off, so if that is the case then probably evidence of his (lack of) earnings along with the radiation letter.

I'm still struggling, tried to register on the prof site but the email with the code to confirm registration never arrived, so now what. I seem to have found a screen where you can pay using the ref from your avis, without having an espace client. But there will be no paper bills next year so I will have to get registered.

It's dented my faith, I was well impressed with the impots website up till now.

Having a Bad Day.

[quote user="EuroTrash"]Hi Rob Roy (you sound very male, how come you have a hubbie??!!??)

[/quote]

Maybe I am male, you never know nowadays! No, I'm not, but I am one of RR's direct descendents.

Thanks for the advice. We'll see how it goes. Hope tomorrow is a better day for you. :)

I'm embarrassed now but feel I should set the record straight. So after not receiving the validation email - because that's what always happens isn't it, they send you an email and you click on a link and that finalises your inscription - I emailed the impots via their website to say, I never got my emai so what am I supposed to do nowl. And they replied within half an hour, politely pointing me to the bit in the instructions that says 'your code will be sent to you by post and will arrived within 5 days'.

Faith in the impots website restored, and note to self, do try to read the instructions first.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote user="Rob Roy"]My husband has also received a demand for payment, but he is now retired. He has received an 'attestation de radiation' from the RSI and we are in the process of registering him at the CPAM so he can receive a new Carte Vitale.

Does he simply write to the Centre des Finances Publiques that issued the demand and explain he is now retired and perhaps send a copy of the RSI letter?

To be honest we still don't quite understand what the CFE-IFER demand relates to.[/quote]

I have received my demand too, my problem is closed the business (AE) 30th October 2013, the internet system for cessation activity would not play the game so I chose the paper method (silly mistake!) so downloaded and printed the form filled it all in the sent it off to the address on the form recorded delivery with receipt. I got the AR receipt back and then a letter from URSAFF to say the process was completed and that they have send to details to the RSI and INSEE over the next couple of weeks, then a letter from RSI harmonie who informed me that I would have medical cover until 30 October 2014 after that I would have to go over to CPAM (I am now in full time employment on CDI)

wow! I thought, that was easy! so in April this year RSI send me a letter fining me 47 euros for non declaration of chifre d'affair Jan, Feb and March then another the following month. Phoned RSI Explained the events of the last few months and all of the leters I had recieved, to be told I must have done the paperwork correctly as I wouldn't have recieved those letters if I hadn't! She would look into it. Still the letters every month kept coming non declaration Chifres. Phoned them up again, same thing, went through the history and was told I must have done it right or I would never have received the letters I have, they will look into it!

Then the Avis CFE-INER arrived, also the rsi non delaration CA (I'm getting bored with this now) Phoned RSI to be told my AE was still active on there system and had never been closed, Grrr! I have all the paperwork that says it is closed it is only you who say it is not! I will have to send copies of all the paperwork to RSI Nantes because they cannot close it from there, the same address that Ursaff noted on the lettre radiation that they have recieved because RSI Nantes confirmed that after 30th October 2014 I would have no health cover and I must swap to CPAM !! Stop the world I want to get off!! What's 'Repetitive Strain Injury' in French? - RSI ? :-) Beyond comprehension how incompetent they are .

Yes but at least you have the consolation of knowing that you did the paperwork right.

I was once told by a lady at URSSAF that since I had registered online, I could only ever do things like change my address or modify my activity online. I have no idea if this is true or if she just said it to make me go away, but if it is true then maybe it applies to radiation as well.

Not much help now but it might have been an idea to keep checking your espace on netentreprises to see the state of play, it would have told you your status and you could have sent them weekly or monthly emails. Not that one should need to.