aaarghh!!!! Auto entrepeneur or micro enterprise??

josie

Hi, hope someone can help. Having got an existing siret from a previous business, I am thinking of setting up an alternative business doing occasional property maintenance/gite cleaning etc as I am sure many others do. Can this be done as an auto entrepreneur and if so, how do I go about it please. The chamber of commerce seem to think I can only do it via the chamber de metiers, but I think they are misunderstanding what my plan is and I think they think I want to be an 'aide domicile' and paysagiste! Any pointers or advice much appreciated, cheers

That's probably right.

There are only 3 basic categories of AE, commerçants and prof libérale and artisan. It's not the first 2 so it must be the 3rd.

Seems to be confirmed here

http://www.apce.com/cid95828/services-a-la-personne.html?pid=316

They wouldn't have thought you wanted to be a payagiste because that is MSA and not a thing you can do under AE;

Hope this helps.

Many thanks for the link Foxie. Having looked at it, I understand it to be for someone offering work within the home as a cleaner aide domicile etc, (unless I have missed the main point!) but I am looking more at property and gite management . Will dig further into it and hopefully come up with a job title that is simple to explain! Thanks again

I pay the person who does this for me under the CESU system.

If You want to use the AE you will have to find the right official 'title' or the system doesn't want to accept you.

Of course only you and your employer know exactly what you do for them, so if you were under the heading in that link but did things like gîte changeovers I doubt that it would be too serious.

CESU is for private individuals, businesses aren't allowed to use this system to pay service providers and you sound as if you're going to be working for gites ie businesses, so it wouldn't be appropriate.

As said, as long as the services you provide are in the same ball park as what you are registered for, and most importantly you're paying your cotisations etc at the correct rate and into the correct caisse, it's not likely to cause a problem.

When we started our property/gite management business in 2007 AE didn't exist and we had to start a Micro affiliated to MSA as much of the work involved gardening. Since then the type of work we do has changed a bit but we have decided to stick with MSA as their charges are now not much higher than those of the AE scheme which seem to have increased every year. The only thing I would add is that with MSA there is a set minimum annual cotisation charge regardless of how low your turnover is so if the turnover is likely to be less than say 12k then try AE as 'nettoyage courant des bâtiments'.

Many thanks for the replies. I spoke with the Chambre des Metiers and they too say 'tis complicated! Going to see them with a different job title after a search of what other business of this type are registered as! Thanks again