Floor Boards

Fourbarewalls

We intend on digging out the floors and lying a new timber one, with plenty of room beneath to run all cabling and pipework much the same as the traditional english property.

Does anyone know what tip of floor boards are available in the Limousin region, we are near La Souterraine.

I dont want to end up with the new looking boards you get from the big warehouse stores, I hope to be able to find some salvage from an old house or barn.

Any ideas of where to look and search for these, or any alternatives?

Look forward tohearing your replies

Lee

There are lots of sawmills in the area which manufacture 'parquet' (random lenght floorboards with matched ends, usually 23mm thick) in oak or chesnut. The end product is usually graded depending on the number and type of knots. The lowest grade is 'declasse' which can be very cheap (in chesnut).

Regards

Charles

Hi,
I`ve been reading your posts with interest, you seem to have your work cut out!! Have you thought of having a web site so nosey people like me can see how it`s going?? At the moment I imagine four stone walls!! abit like nippy and nigel!.. sorry to mention the two N`s!!!

Just a thought!!
Regards
Ronni