Clicking electrics

Gaynor

Every evening at about 22h15 (when the tempo creuse kicks in)the fuse box starts making manic clicking sounds. It continues until we go to bed - possibly all night, who knows?

1) Is it dangerous?
2) How do we go about fixing it?

I don't think it is dangerous or you would have known by now. When our meter clicks over at 21.30 to the lower rate it also makes quite a din,but my husband who does electricity installations says it is nothing to worry about, just very noisy french electricity coming down the line. If you are really really worried, call in and ask at the EDF office and they may send a technician out to check it for you. Luckily, our box is in the porch,so we don't hear it in the house but as soon as I go to lock the front door,it can be heard. If things start getting warm like the fusebox or EDF boxes or any cables,then you should get it checked out.

>Every evening at about 22h15 (when
>the tempo creuse kicks in)the
>fuse box starts making manic
>clicking sounds. It continues until
>we go to bed -
>possibly all night, who knows?

When we first moved here we also had a "clicking" fuse box (I had another name for it). In our case the fuse box was in a prominent position in the sitting room so we had to turn the TV sound up to drown the noise which turned my wife and I into sounding like those 2 old men in the Muppets who used to shout at each other.

We asked EDF to remove the pre-war meter and supply a new one which they have fitted just inside the front door which apparently they can "read" from the outside wall.

PS.
My wife and I have still retained the habit of shouting at each other. Is it our age?