electrician prices

Sean

can anybody answer a question for me is there a standard labour charge for artisan electricians

i am renovating a house and am not really sure about the price of an electrician i am trying to work out the budget so any help would be greatley appriciated

Can only speak of Dept 44 but...

Of the devis for the various trades involved in renovating a house here, the only one to cost " per item" was the electrician.

By that I mean rather than the devis showing a line for the material costs, and then a labour cost, this showed a total (pre-TVA) price per installed socket, cooker point,  light fitting etc (or - God 'elp us - a doorbell sited at the gate! - Not my idea I can tell you !).

Was good because you could trim off items to bring the total back into the realms of reality!

paul

spg, I don't think that there is any requirement for them to get out of their vans. That is why we are required to have our boite a letters that conforme, not only in size, but where they are placed.

And electricians, well, 30euros+ per hour in general. And jobs often get costed as was mentioned.

I didn't realise there was a NF for the siting of the boite aux lettres... I just drove the car up to the side of the house and visualised the postman leaning out of his little van and fixed the box at that height..... he seems happy enough with it.

paul

I don't think I would go as far as to say a NF. And it sounds like you did what we did. I have heard of people who have been told that their placement did not conforme and that they would have to move it. There are exceptions in towns ofcourse, but those of us in our maisons seem to have to get it right.