12,000 Litre Fosse?

Guillaumy

Sorry this is another Fosse question but we need some information urgently.

We are renovating our house and two barns in dept 24, which will end up comprising of 7 bedrooms.

We have a fosse of 3,000L that was installed about 20 years ago. We understand that this is not going to be big enough and that we would have to install an extra one to comply with regulations.

However, I have received an email from our architect, who informs us that the relevant department has told him, that we will have to install a fosse of 12,000L.

This seems very excessive as all the technical data I have read on web sites (UK) suggest that 6-7,000L would be more than adequate.

Is there any French web site that gives the size required for the amount of bedrooms you have.

Thanks

Robert

Thanks Nick, thanks Peter.

I realise that each area etc can use their own formula to calculate the capacity, but 12,000L for max 14 people???

Found this info (not French though):

Capacity = 2000 litres + 180 litres/person.

The number of persons is based on the potential occupancy of the building. For example, if it were proposed to erect a four bed roomed dwelling house and each of the bedrooms are capable of sleeping two people, the potential occupancy of the house would be eight.

In this case the minimum capacity would be:

Capacity = 2000 litres + 180 x 8 = 3440 litres

Also on the Hepworth Drainage site (I know, again not French), a 6,000L Septic Tank is suitable for 15-22 people.

So on that basis, I should be able to house 30-44!!!

Yours totally confused

Robert