Asbestos reports etc

vickybear

We have found a buyer for our property although we weren't planning to put it on the market just yet....word got round!!

As there is no estate agent I understand I have to get reports done and have been told I need the following....termites, asbestos, lead, energy efficiency and earthquake (!! ).

I have been told these will cost around 1000 euros and some of them are valid for only 3 months.

I have 3 questions..........

Do I need them all ( we're in Charente ) and secondly, what happens of the sale falls through. Is it another 1000 euros for the next buyers and possibly the next etc etc etc. Finally, does anyone have a sepcific price for these?

Confused of Charente!

[quote user="vickybear"]

As there is no estate agent I understand I have to get reports done and have been told I need the following....termites, asbestos, lead, energy efficiency and earthquake (!! ).

I have been told these will cost around 1000 euros and some of them are valid for only 3 months.

[/quote]

I think someones walking you down the path Vickybear, you need an infestation report, it covers termites, asbestos, woodworm and similar and lead. They are run of mill items and are not expensive.

Try here, they should be able to give a price. http://www.diag.immo.com

Depending on where you live, you may or may not need a termite inspection, you will need asbestos and lead reports the termite inspection if required, is only valid for 3 months, the others I believe are valid for 12 months, however the inspector will usually come back and do an update for free or a small extra charge.

I paid recently in the Lot et Garonne for all three tests on a 2 storey house 140sq m €500

Well, I borrowed Will's braincell ( see seperate post ) and came up with the idea of phoning the company who did the reports when we bought the house. Turns out that, in addition to the normal reports of asbestos, termites and lead, for all house sales completing after 1/11/06 you need 2 additional reports for energy efficiency of the house ( should be interesting considering the draughts we sit in each night ) and another for the 'environment' which looks at whether the house is in an area susceptible to anything in particular i.e. whether it's going to disappear down a bloody great hole or not!

Total cost 700 euros, merci !

GGGRRRRRRRRRRRR[:@]

Hello

The reports for environmental risks including earthquake etc are

obligatory, but reports for all (I think) communes can be accessed FREE

from the website www.prim.net

Termite inspections are not obligatory in every department, eg not in

mine, Hautes-Pyrenees - if the buyer wants one they have to pay for it.

Lou

"Well, I borrowed Will's braincell" - aah, I was missing it and wondering where it had gone.

The same company can often do all the reports needed, which obviously saves on time, aggravation and expense. As well as the asbestos and lead surveys, which seem to be pretty universal, there may be insect (termite) reports and drainage surveys, depending on regional requirements. The energy efficiency survey (something similar is being propsed in Britain) is supposed to work like the A, B, C etc. ratings you see on washing mahines and the like. Pretty meaningless really, but it shoud give a very rough idea of whether the heating system is efficient (or not) and how well the house is insulated. Because it is such a difficult thing to measure and assess with any accuracy, its introduction has already been put off a couple of times and it may happen again. It's an EU requirement, and as we know the French can be rather selective about which EU directives they adopt.