Signwritten van and Déchetterie

Monika

Does anybody know, if in France you are allowed to bring things into the déchetterie (not sure how that is spelled, could not find it in dictionary) transporting it in a signwritten van. Here in England it is impossible, they will not allow you in and you can not even get a permit. Thank you.

Monika

Around here, it is basically the same as the UK. If the bloke in the shed thinks that you are dumping trade waste, then he chucks you out (although I believe you can pay to dump in these circumstances). Try persuasion, such as a nice length of old copper tubing, or a couple of car batteries in the van...

We used our signwritten company van to dump a load of old tat from the previous owner at our local tip in south 87 and did'nt get any adverse comments unlike, as you say, the UK.

The only concern he had was if we had any domestic household waste! Why I don't know..

I guess you need to turn up and try.

He knows us here as we are among his best customers.  If you do have any doubts, just drive down first and ask.  He is also a neighbour!

I know at Guillac he wouldn't allow any vans at one time as a friend had trouble there.

Just remember the golden rule ... EVERYTHING seperate!

We are a professional business and dump a great deal of building waste at dechetteries. Out of area ones usually charge a small fee, the invoice is sent at the end of the month and our local is free because I sit on the controlling committee. Some very small ones won't accept a lot of waste unless it is well sorted first so bear this in mind.

[quote]He knows us here as we are among his best customers. If you do have any doubts, just drive down first and ask. He is also a neighbour! I know at Guillac he wouldn't allow any vans at one time as a ...[/quote]

Thank you to all of you and also for the advice to separate everything.

Monika