where can i buy building paper (for roof )

Helen888

do not think some how you will get much response to this posting i.e." building paper" . you american by the way ?? you could try searching for roofing felt (not used much in france too hot melts the tar in the felt) or breathable membrane like tylex house wrap.

hope this helps but not sure what you are after??

Dave

Hi Dave

no. I'm British...i though the term was a bit misleading too but i got it straight from The Readers Digest complete DIY manual!Apparently its two sheets of really thick brown paper type material held together by a central layer of bituminised fibre mesh. Apparenly it comes in rolls 3 foot by 30 and gets tacked under tiles before your insulation to prevent driven wind, rain snow etc (im not technical but i suppose it works more by creating a smooth surface so wind flows over roof). Its sounded like a solution for lazy me being too bone idle to reomve tiles and felt roof. Mentioned it to my dad and he knew what i meant so maybe its an old fashioned way of insulating the roof

Far easier to use the modern foil insulation, it is water and wind tight and is far more effective than the old fashioned fibreglass. It was designed for the space shuttle (heat reflector) and we are finding it very effective in our barn roof.

Hope that this helps

[quote]Hi Dave no. I'm British...i though the term was a bit misleading too but i got it straight from The Readers Digest complete DIY manual!Apparently its two sheets of really thick brown paper type ma...[/quote]

just just how old is the book post or pre- ww11

Dave