were do people get ther kitchens from.

tom and lou

B&Q's parent company is the Kingfisher Group who just happen to also own Castorama and Brico Depot.

I have found that the GENERAL consensus of opinion on forums is that you should be able to speak fluent French to be able to secure employment with any company. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, however if you ask this question on anyother French forum I can virtually guarantee that you will get the same answer.

Good luck.

"I have found that the GENERAL consensus of opinion on forums is that you should be able to speak fluent French to be able to secure employment with any company. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, however if you ask this question on anyother French forum I can virtually guarantee that you will get the same answer."

As I understand the posting it is regarding designing kitchens rather that gaining employment with a French company. Certainly to do this then you would need to have first class spoken and written French.

There is also a very large market from English speaking owners of primary or secondary homes in France who require new kitchens.

If you are prepared to set yourself up in business properly, get registered for TVA, etc, then you will find that companies such as Lapeye will be happy to work with you to supply and install kitchens for their English speaking clients. At the same time, work on your French.

Do not expect it to be a easy life, with French social charges and paperwork!

Equally do not believe all the postings from people who probably do not work in the real world in France.

Regards,

Bob Clarke
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/grindoux

• 2 months later...

Dear Tom and Lou

Did you have any luck in finding work or setting up on your own? I'm only asking because I'm looking for a new kitchen when we move to Var in September and if you were a) either of the above b) in my area, I'd be interested in talking to you further.

Thanks

Roseanne

A few years ago our local B & Q manager told us he was going on an exchange period to a Castorama as he spoke French - or at least he spoke reasonably good French I think it was having done various school exchanges for longish periods when young). The local store was Wrexham. I do not know if he is there still. But could you not try for an exchange period and see what the company could do depending on how you got on

Wynnstay