Where's the best place to buy decking ?

Jongleurs

Our wonderful pool has just been fitted and filled  and we are just starting to build the frame to support rather a lot of decking - 180 sqm. We've checked out Brico Depot and they seem to be selling it at 15 euros per sqm. Does anybody know of anywhere that's selling at a better price than that?  We are in 11 between Carcassonne and Perpignan.

Can I just say that notwithstanding another post which dealt with this issue, I would urge you, for the sake of your health and for those who use your pool.... PLEASE.. do not buy green Pine for decking next to your pool.

The Preservative for the timber is toxic.. it has to be to do its job. The water in your pool is aggressive and sometimes corrosive and it will leech this chemical cocktail out and into your pool. What ever pool sanitisation system you are using cannot cope with these toxins. It will make you and everyone else, sick.

I recommend that you use a tropical hardwood for this job -either IPE, Doussier. Not only will it last very much longer, and look far nicer than that green pine it also will not cause you any health problem as it has none of these toxins.

Do Not Be Taken in by the assurance of 'European Standards Compliance' and that the Brico Mart sales assistant tells you that its OK. BECAUSE IT ISN"T. These people have no clue and have no science to backup their claims - they just want your money. It's just not worth the saving of a few extra bucks to put your children's health at risk.

Andrew

Thanks Andrew.  Had already read the previous postings and have no intention of buying green pine. 

What we are looking for is softwood decking or hardwood if it can be found at a reasonable price.  The only thing of course against hardwood decking is the price!

Any idea where either of these can be found without us having to take out a mortgage?!

Fiona