On Line retailer?

Lautrec

Sorry I can not recommend a good on-line retailer.

After dealing with mistergooddeal with a link to 2001 in paris I can NOW only recommend using a local dealer.  My experience was a number of revised delivery dates and the dedicated contact turned out to be contact via premium rate telephone call only.  This became expensive.

I also bought another 2 large items from a large Supermarket in another department which were faulty and had to returned, after weeks without the items I decided that in future I would only purchase from a local store.

We bought sundry small items like iron, kettle, vacuum cleaner from places like BUT, Darty and Conforama - we  purchased from the store, but they also do internet orders.

Like Sunshine, we bought all our major white goods and TV, etc from a local store.  Prices were comparable with the big chains and included free delivery and installation.  They've even been back to sort out a couple of minor problems without any question or charge.

Good service is priceless, so buy locally if you can.

Can thoroughly recommend Darty (www.darty.fr) - easy online ordering, you can choose whether to pay 100% up front or 1/3 down and the balance on delivery. Most of their stuff comes with a 2 year free warranty, and the after-sales service is very good. With big appliances such as washing machines they will take the old one away free of charge and  the delivery men always unpack and install the new appliance, check everything is working and then take the packaging materials away with them when they leave.