.....and it Works!!

Leschenauds

Just finished installing our oil fired central heating system, based on the UK system with a header tank feed rather than having to braze all the joints. Many thanks must go to Opel Fruit for his help, he pointed the way to a good deal for the boiler/burner. I brought all the piping and fittings including radiators from the UK, much came from Screwfix direct. When I started up, only one leak from a soldered joint, the most difficult one of course and 5 from compressions joints where someone! had left out the olives. Bit of difficulty with the electrics which was sorted out by the owner of a local hotel who used to be and electrical contractor in the UK which means, of course and as explained to her indoors that I feel obliged to spend a reasonable amount of time drinking in his bad to repay his kindness (shame really!!).

On firing up this morning, everything went on and off as specified and the whole place warmed up after 20 mins or so. We keep the big woodburner in the mani room, much more traditional and gives a better ambience.

I think the total cost of the installation to heat 11 radiators came to about £1,500. Started the installation in late June and interspersed with other jobs, just finished it. Had I spent all the time on it could have done in 3/4 weeks by myself.

Her indoors is delighted with the result.

ps. I anyone needs any 15mm or 22mm UK pipe fittings, compression or solder,let me know.

Didn't find any cable glands so used ones which I had in the goodies box for the burner, water pump and control cables. You will, of course, noticed that the moment I get the CH in operation we are back into high summer again - still suppose we will be back to winter in a couple of weeks.

Thanks so much for your help. If you are down our way drop in for an aperitif. www.leschenauds.com

Didn't find any cable glands so used ones which I had in the goodies box for the burner, water pump and control cables. You will, of course, noticed that the moment I get the CH in operation we are back into high summer again - still suppose we will be back to winter in a couple of weeks.

Thanks so much for your help. If you are down our way drop in for an aperitif. www.leschenauds.com

not wanting to be a kill joy but I'm sure I've read somewhere that the storage of water

ie Header tanks etc is illegal in France. Not sure, seem to remember reading it somewhere that this is teh reason for their system setups. Please advise if I'm wrong .

Regards Phil