What Happened to Lutece 3000?

Peter72

Does anyone know why Lutece 3000 is no longer available? I have had a different tale from each Builders Merchant that I have visited ranging from "the product spec is being changed" to " the factory that makes it blew up" can anyone recommend a suitable alternative for board finish?

Regards

Peter

[quote]Does anyone know why Lutece 3000 is no longer available? I have had a different tale from each Builders Merchant that I have visited ranging from "the product spec is being changed" to " the factory t...[/quote]

There was a shortage about 6 months ago (for the reasons/excuses you gave). Now, I think they have changed the name - something like "Rouge L"?

hiya

in brief lutece 3000 is no more... its been superseded by the 2000 variant which works just the same... ie, it goes off slowly as opposed to the normal french platre which is a nightmare to use (as we've all doubtless experienced)...

lutece 2000 isn't, however, that widely available and you won't (normally) find it in brico-bati-man-marche-those sorts of places but you'd need to go to a proper builder's merchant's instead...

hope that helps

kind regards

neil (24)

Thanks for the replies. However I should have given more detail of what I want. Lutece 3000 comes(came) in two versions, C or court and L or Long for the working times and I use it for skimming plasterboard. Lutece 2000 comes in the same two versions.

The 2000 however is designed for thick coat ie 12 to 20mm while the 3000 was designed for thin ie 3mm coats. I have tried the 2000 and it is suitable only as a filler/base coat.

It appears that the French system is to fill the joints and screwholes on plasterboard and paint over it, a far inferior finish to skimming.

What are my options for a thin coat finish plaster. I normally buy from Resau Pro or Point P.

Regards

Peter