SKIP HIRE

Lapaix

I must warn you here that hiring a skip in France is not the same as the UK or it wasn't when we left. We regularly hire them and usually you can only put the same type of rubbish in one for which you pay a daily hire charge, then a delivery and collection charge and then a sorting charge - averages about 260€ for 10m3. If you put an assortment of different rubbish in one skip,they may well refuse to take it away until you have sorted it and usually when hiring,we are asked what is actually going into it. If you have old domestic items to get rid of, the mairie usually operates or in our particular region, the local agglomeration a free house collection upon telephoning their free number to make a rendezvous. Don't forget that if you cannot have a benne put right onto your property, you will need a written permit to site it on the road for a stipulated number of days from the local mairie and lights must be fixed and caution panels placed either side to warn people.

Ref skip hire -we have had three 15 tonne skips now and put all manner of stuff in - metal - wood - garden rubbish etc. and never had a problem in fact despite filling the skips have never paid more than 150 euros forthe lot this has allowed 4 days to fill and on one occasion he delivered in the morning and collectedin the afternoon as the digger we had on hire filled it very quickly with g*d knows what.

Seems to be diferent where ever you are.

Happy skipping and dumping

James

James it does vary where you live and the local regulations concerning waste. It is very very strictly controlled here as we have no waste disposal units, the nearest that all waste goes to is Carhaix or Brest for incineration etc and they are both an hour away and the local déchetteries are very fussy,charging artisans and non-domestic dumpers quite heavily.

Hello...

I have just finished a landscaping job in which I had to remove alot of material from the site.

Here are the details of my facture from SITA OUEST in mixed English/French 'sorry'

PRESTATION BENNE 17 M3

Dechets Terre Vegetal

Collect conteneur quantity x 3 150euros

Stockage 47,44 tonne 474.40euros

Depot contenuer 20euros(whatever this is)

Plus TVA...

770.70 euros

The material was stoney sub soil...

Hope this helps.

Sounds about right Ty. We used this company back in 2000 for ajob way out in the middle of Finistère and that cost over 500€ then for a 10m3 as access was limited. This company are very expensive compared a local firm that has started up not far from here now and whom we use all the time.