How do we contact the 'powers that be' for re-wiring prior to EDF hook up

Jongleurs

Hello

We have just finished renovating a small barn in the Aude.  The electrical re-wiring was carried out by an English electrician to French standards.  EDF tell us that we need to contact the Consueil (?) for them to come along and inspect and hopefully approve before they can finally connect it up to mains electricity.

Can anyone tell me who this authority is and how and where I can contact them please.  Be great to finally have power .........

Many thanks

Fiona

You or your electrician have to write to CONSUEL in Paris (Tour Chantecoq address), giving all the details of the site and asking for the paperwork to be sent to be filled in by the electrician. At the same time you need to send a cheque for approx 101,48€ but check that as it may depend on region and type of connection, plus a copy of your EDF bill if you already have a supply elsewhere. I have just done this about three weeks ago for a client and received the forms two weeks later plus a receipt for the cheque. When the forms are completed and returned all but the pink copy, they will ring and arrange for an inspection and will probably ask for a map of how to get there which is what we have had to provide in past cases. The rest then is upto the electrician and you should receive a certificate of conformité soon after for EDF to continue.