Woodburners

Lyn

When we moved into our barn conversion there was already a Godin woodburner in the dining room which was installed in a way that the flue went through the main bedroom which gives a nice temperature (not too hot for sleeping). So when it was time for us to put a new burner in the lounge, we got the installers to do the same with this one and it now goes through the second bedroom, so now the upstairs does get resonable heat without being too hot. Even the third bedroom doesn't stay that cold as the heat rises up the open stairs. We also have oil fired central heating but never use it, don't need to!

If you would like to put a woodburner in the centre of the room what about a round one , tubular shape, we used to warm the milk at school on this type, and I am sure they are still available , some most beautifully decorated. Just a thought. I would like my AGA in the middle of the kitchen, makes more sense.

Polly

[quote user="polly"]

If you would like to put a woodburner in the centre of the room what about a round one , tubular shape, we used to warm the milk at school on this type, and I am sure they are still available , some most beautifully decorated. Just a thought. I would like my AGA in the middle of the kitchen, makes more sense.

Polly

[/quote]

Have a look at the one in the link I posted earlier in this thread - is that ornate enough?

For is it not written, "It is better to be safe than sorry"?

My question also.
The word 'turbo' is short for 'Turbocharger' vis "noun a supercharger driven by a turbine powered by the engine’s exhaust gases."

Exactly why and when did a simple "fan" become a "turbocharger" ?  Confused [8-)]

Steve
Sharjah + 50 (in France)

Answer:

When the marketing people got hold of it!

Andy

We bought ours from a company called www.stovesellers.com they sell double sided stoves which has been mentioned for locating in the centre of your room and also boiler stoves from Hunters, Villagers and the largest boiler stove I have seen at 30KW.  They were very informative and made sure we bought what was suitable to our requirements.  They are in based in France, offered us a good deal and would definely recommend them due to the prompt service they offered unlike other companies (I won't mention) which we tried.

James

• 1 month later...