Solar water heating

Bob T

We are in the north of the Lot / south of Cantal.

We looked at having solar water heating installed and had 2 quotes from qualified installers.

One installer said we were not facing south enough (we are facing SSW), the other was very enthusiastic, saying we had an even better position than his house had!                      Go figure...!

We decided against doing anything until such time as the new-ish electric water heater (ballon) packed up, as it would have to be replaced with a mixed one.

We also considered that, even taking all the grants + rebates into consideration, the initial financial outlay was too high for our current budget.

More details available if you want them...

Sound inrteresting. What do you mean about grants? My French tax form says that I have no tax to pay as I have a military pension and it is too small to be taxed here. Is the grant tax deductable or is it taken off the price of the installation.

There will be no problem with the roof as it is south facing on a south facing hill. Do you have supplier/installer details?

Installer is Ecodesign of Ambazac - they would cover your area.  Contact is David Moutaud - Please mention me if you call him.  I'm seeing him in a couple of weeks - I'll pass him your details of you wish.

http://www.ecodesignsolme.com/

We got 35% grant from ANAH, Euros 600 from ADEME and will claim the tax rebate.  You will be entitled to the tax rebate - they reimburse by cheque if you have no tax liability.

Yes, Got the PM thanks. The only thing that would put me off is that the panels need to be the latest technology evacuated tube type. If only I could find an installer/supplier in this area I would go for it. Thanks for the info though.