plan de travail

micky.p.

micky, i have been fitting kitchens for 15 years and only worked for one company that supplied 4 metre worktops.(in uk). even with 3 metre tops could you not reposition your mitres ? will give you 3.6 metre run. how crucial is it to have 4 metres

[quote user="micky.p."]

nope, the wife wants  glossy black worktops,

i would love granit, but a bit out my price range.

[/quote]

I've known people get stuff like that from their local funeral mason. Supposed to be much cheaper than from a kitchen shop, but I can't talk from experience.

Another option would be cast in situe concrete with suitable colouring. It can polish up a treat and fit any shape. I've seen it done but never tried myself so I'm tempted to try a dummy run on a little test piece to see if it's viable for the kitchen Im planning.

Either way you'll need nice, strong carcases.

Just had a similar problem. Visited Resau Pro who do 4mtr  worktops. The one we wanted was quoted at 130euros a METRE, and no,I'm not joking. In the end I had to go back to UK anyway so bought the same from T&P at £90 each  for 4 mtrs. I think the problem lies in the fact that most French kitchens seem to have a smaller worktop area and a working kitchen table.

Regards.5 mins St.Malo. www.ourinns.com

micky, any chance of passing on the name of the company where you could get 6 metre worktops. dont get me wrong, i dont disbelieve you, but have got to see this product.

i thought after so many years fitting kitchens i had seen everything there was to see in kitchen fitting.

thanks

[quote user="Hoddy"]I had a 6 metre worktop in my old house from this company

http://www.kitchen-worktops-plus.co.uk/corian_kitchen_worktops.htm

It was very expensive though and not a DIY job.

Hoddy[/quote]

I wouldn't fancy trying to fit that single handed.

cant remember the name of the company, but they were based in Old Basford, nottingham, they are a warehouse company that supply to the public as well .  I will give my Dad a ring at the weekend to see if he knows the name or can find out for you.

[quote user="micky.p."]

cant remember the name of the company, but they were based in Old Basford, nottingham, they are a warehouse company that supply to the public as well .  I will give my Dad a ring at the weekend to see if he knows the name or can find out for you.

[/quote]

Maybe this is the place, Micky

http://www.hardwood-kitchen-worktops.co.uk/

Kind regards,

Leo