Water Distribution.

JohnM

I've a feeling that has been discussed at some point in the dim and distant past, but sorry, I have had a search but can't find it.

I've got some drips on the cold water system, I get brown sediment when I first arrive due to a rusty iron pipe in the system and where a bidet has been taken out, there are unnecessary capped pipes, so I've decided to replace / tidy up the pipe work.

I think I have seen a piture of (and read a discusion on) a distribution unit that gives a separate, isolatable feed to each tap. But I can't find any reference to this gizmo on the Brico web pages. (Might help if I knew the name)

Am I imagining it? If not:

Is it better than running a single pipe and taking spurs off?

Is it compatible with plastic pipe and the fittings?

What's it called?

Should I do the same on the hot?

I eagerly await and thank you for, your opinions and facts.

John

If you have a proper plumbers merchant rather than a brico you should have more choice - the latter take a dim view of breaking into plastic wrapped goods to check that fittings really fit whereas the former just dispaly loose in boxes. A bit like Aldi vs Tesco.

You should also find a better selection of valves, reducers etc though whether prices are better is a "who knows ?". Just remember the old maxim, "in France either they don't have it in stock or they don't have enough".

Good hunting

John

not

Ahhhh... those are the little tinkers. Thank you.

I'm glad that I wasn't dreaming them.

Good point about the proper plumbers merchant John, as a rule I've tended to go for the plastic bag, self service places because I can hold one plastic bag next to another for as long as I like while I try to decide if I've got it right, but maybe this is the time that I swallow hard and save myself some money!

John