lpg boilers

POTBELLYCAT

We have an LPG boiler that feeds eight radiators in the house and provides stored and instant hot water. This is a modern replacement to take the place of an old one that was in when we arrived. Boilers in France seem to be rather expensive but they deal with water at mains pressure.

The only drawback is the relatively high cost of the gas. We tolerate it because we are only in residence for about 12 weeks per year, much of that in the summer.

Alistair

[quote user="POTBELLYCAT"]Has anyone used a LPG boiler to heat radiators in France?  What are the pros and cons?  Would there be a problem with the mains water pressure going to the boiler and would it be able to heat a shower efficiently?  Many thanks
[/quote]

As others have said, they are fine, but very expensive to run.

However, you wern't thinking of bringing one from the UK were you? ("Would there be a problem with the mains water pressure going to the boiler")  It is unlikely to be approved for use here & the gas suppliers probably wouldn't let you connect it to their tank (effectively).

I understand that you should normally have a "pressure reducing/limiting" device on the main supply to you house. This limits the pressure to everything to 3 bars. I am no plumber (so others will probably know much more) but my local plumber noticed one was not installed and managed to fit one within a few weeks (and it is normally impossible to get him to do any work - often I wait more than a year !! - so he was not "after work").

As I understand it this does not relate to LPG boilers or anything specific, just the general/entire house supply.

Ian