Equivalent of UK electrical wiring regulations

fulcrum

Does anyone know if there is a French equivalent of the UK Part P requirements for domestic electrical works.

Part P is now part of the UK building regulations. It requires that any new works are notified to the building authority before commencement ofcertain electrical works.

[quote user="fulcrum"]Does anyone know if there is a French equivalent of the UK Part P requirements for domestic electrical works.

Part P is now part of the UK building regulations. It requires that any new works are notified to the building authority before commencement ofcertain electrical works.

[/quote]

There are no "building regs" in France - in as much that nothing has to be notified. There are "Normes" and the applicable one for electrics is  NF C 15 100 available (in French only) for about 600€.

Thanks Nick.

I have studied extensively L'installation Electrique by Thiery Gallauziaux and David Fedullo, which covers the latest version of the normes and am from an electronics fitter, background in the UK. For this reason I have tended to do my own electrical stuff here in France as per the normes. When I moved into this house the circuits were very unsafe and there wasn't any earth so I have improved things a lot.