Recommendation wanted for range type Cooker

Mutiara

Hi,

I am looking for a range type cooker for a friend who does not have internet access, for her French kitchen. She used to have a STANLEY Range in the Uk but has been told there are several other makes like AGA, GODIN, ESSE?, DIETRICH, etc etc, available in France.  It seems that GODIN and AGA are outrageously expensive but she hasn't ruled them out totally. She wants to buy brand new and get it fitted professionally so after sales service , guarantee, and backup is important to her. Before I do any internetr research on her behalf, I would be very grateful of any advice, contact numbers or above all, recommendations from anyone here who has had a kitchen range installed. It must either be fuel or gas fired.

Thanks.

Mut.

I recently purchased a Stoves Sterling 1000 DF SS Range Cooker in the UK & transported it over to my house in the 47

where it has been plumbed/wired in by my kitchen fitters (Mobalpa) last week.

I would thoroughly recomend the cooker, great looks, great range of cooking options, great price (£1038.00 delivered to my UK address

from Appliance City UK) included LPG kit.

Not sure about the guarantee but not worried as I'm told there is a Stoves supplier in Bordeaux who do repairs.

Anyway if it ever goes completely 'Kaput' (unlikely) then at the price it's a  'throw away item' anyway, so true of many household appliances

these days.