Cost of new roof

Poppy

Have received an estimate for 13,000 Euros to completely strip 45 squ mtr existing roof and lors and replace with oak beams, trilatte and new tiles. The estimate also includes raising the stone walls by about one course of stone and building genoise along straight edges and eaves. Despite lots of effort have only been able to get one estimate so nothing to compare it with. We usually do any building work ourselves so the estimate it is a bit of a shock  [geek] Would be very grateful to hear what others think? I did do a search but could only find 2005 prices.

The oak beams consist of  a couple along the ridge and one posh A frame type in centre of roof.

Thank you NR your reply is a great help  [:D]

The cost of the Trillate which replaces the perlins, membrane,insulation,plasterboard is 3000 Euros and the repacement oak beams are 1200 Euros so estimate is looking a bit better. I am assuming that you aren't having insulation and plasterboard finish [blink]

You don't mention the type of tiles but I would say it sounds realistic. Are the 'Genoise' traditional or are they  the precast type you see a lot these days? There is a fair bit of work in doing these the traditional way.

Poppy,

Correct - no insulation and no plasterboard as it's only a barn. We wondered about adding some sort of fancy underfelt and half regretted not doing it on the main house we had done in December. But having endured the most vicious winds and rain from the West since then and not seeing the merest drop of water come through, I'm happy we did the right thing by missing it out.