2 Families on the move

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Dick Smith"][quote user="Sprogster"]

If I recall correctly from another forum where the owner of the 'no going back' fishing lake business is a member, the house, lake and business was put up for sale last year and the family are returning to the UK.  

[/quote]

That's a shame - it seemed to be working out OK.
[/quote]

I agree.

I thought that that episode was by far the most memorable that I had seen.  When he was in the UK, I thought he seemed a bit of a Walter Mitty type but my goodness, he proved me wrong. He certainly could work hard and he knew his line of business very well. 

[quote user="Sprogster"]

If I recall correctly from another forum where the owner of the 'no going back' fishing lake business is a member, the house, lake and business was put up for sale last year and the family are returning to the UK.  

[/quote]

From what I have heard they have done pretty well and are now planning to emigrate to New Zealand.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all, its me again lol  

Well just an update.

French lessions coming along nicely :O)

House is sold just need friends to get rid of theres :OP

I have been to France for 4 days last week looking at lakes ! and the "ENGLISH"  agent was a complete shark and was dealt with accordingly ( will tell you more in a mo :OP)

Have made some very usefull contacts so fingers crossed all will go well.

Have spoken to a solictor and have alot more knowledge of what we can do and its all good news :O)

Now back to that twurp we dealt with in Brittany!

We spoke to the guy on the phone in England and arranged for a cd with pictures on it to be sent, he did this and told us the biggest lake was 10 acres mininum.

Ok we thought and arranged to go over, me and Mr Raff, spent a fortune getting over there and then the drive! but arrived at the meeting place.

Took us to the lake down an old muddy track! didnt worry me as i took the 4x4 but he had a fiat lol and after showing us a complete waste of time lake that was at biggest 4 acres we promptly went to leave but dom dom dom..........he broke down lol

I had to tow him out ! get him out of the track and onto the road! then he had the bloody cheek to ask us to empty my car and take them back to the villiage ! the polite reply was given.

Nope walk !

This hasnt put us off at all just the opposite really.

After this we travelled up to my m8 complex in Normandie and had 2 days enjoyable fishing with French and Belguin anglers....bliss.

Hope your all well

Mr Riff

So the agent was given wrong information by the seller, and had a car that was obviously inferior to your own? And is therefore a shark to be abandoned in the middle of the countryside? I don't think you will get very far in your search in France if that's your attitude.

[quote user="Will"]

So the agent was given wrong information by the seller, and had a car that was obviously inferior to your own? And is therefore a shark to be abandoned in the middle of the countryside? I don't think you will get very far in your search in France if that's your attitude.

[/quote]

Thanks Will, I thought it was just me!

[quote user="KathyC"][quote user="Will"]

[/quote]

Thanks Will, I thought it was just me!

[/quote]

and me..................................

If an immo shows you your ideal property first time , then I would say that you have been very lucky. Sometimes you have to kiss a lot of frogs ...

This isn't a criticism of immos in any way, whilst some will waste your time and theirs by showing you houses further off the mark than others, this could stem from optimism.

I wonder how many people have come to France determined to have 'this type of house, in this place' and changed their minds and gone for something completely different ?

Riff Raff , you need to be prepared for a lot more disappointment and learn to take it in your stride [:)] It is all part of the fun!

Wow Quelle attitude (- like grating your nails on a blackboard; or am I in the wrong thread here !!).

Sounds like good news that it had a lake at all. I would start looking in a different area as (round me anyway) the immos do talk to each other and "punishing" one like that over the size of a lake - word will get around.

I wonder why there is some negative feeling towards Brits buying property in some areas ?

Ian

[quote user="jehe"][quote user="Sprogster"]

[/quote]

From what I have heard they have done pretty well and are now planning to emigrate to New Zealand.

[/quote]

I have just had a look at their website and their name and Brittany address are still mentioned on there along with an english booking address so I would imagine they are still running their business.

[quote user="Will"]

[/quote]

By the same token Bill, are we to believe that an immo will not follow up to certify for their own records (for prospective clients) what they are selling and if I, as a seller,  ring up and say I am selling a 5 bedroom place, which only has two bedrooms, is it the immos fault or mine when the buyer arrives to view ?  Surely the immos...otherwise it's just more ammo for those that say immos do little for their dosh !! [:D][;-)]

Hi Beryl,

Sure have but we have finally realised, that we now need longer hols, so this year.................... on to the market goes the Biz  [:)][:D]

Anyone interested in working hard for a good income? Don't all rush now !

Are you serious ? Yes of course you are.  Has it been brought on by the grotty weather ?[:(]

So are you willing to tell a perfect stranger what you are going to do next? ooooh how exciting; You will have to do a blog or something.[:D]

[quote user="Miki"]Hi Beryl,

Sure have but we have finally realised, that we now need longer hols, so this year.................... on to the market goes the Biz  [:)][:D]

Anyone interested in working hard for a good income? Don't all rush now !

[/quote]

Does that mean you're being put out to stud?

Yes Beryl, very serious. Ever since we arrived here, we have worked, almost non stop. I guess looking back, the easiest period was the time in the Doo Don but at the time, that felt like extremely hard graft, which it was of course. The biz we have now is constant and last year we worked well over 230 days non stop, that's not to say we worked for just 230 days but that was how many were worked "on the bounce" so to speak.

The plans for "next" are to have a year or two off and see how it all pans out. We have never been ones for making solid plans but prefer to think realistically of "is" something possible and let's give it a spin if it has a chance of happening. We feel, like may others do, I'm sure, that we think we deserve a "time out" period and time to catch up with friends and family away from the biz.

The only thing is how long we can stay "non working" and that naturally will depend on what for and when we can sell the biz  and if Kautos Star can win next years Gold Cup [:)]

Finding time to do a blog is one thing and knowing how to is another [:D]

Hello and bonsoir my friends, [:D]

Firstly Will, the "English" guy that affiliated to the agents had told me on a number of times that the lake was infact over 9 acres in size and as he said he was a professionel then im sure even a new guy to the profession should have some idea as to the rough size of said acreage ?

9-10 acres   and then turns out to be at a push 4 is completely wrong and unprofessional. 

You say i should change my atitude...... if you look at the post it was made in a very light hearted way and no im not going to justifie myself to you or anyone as i was not in a million years going to leave hundreds of pounds of fishing tackle behind a bush to take a guy back that had obviously tried to joop us already ! what chances do you recon there would have been if we had left our gear there being there when we got back ?

I am very well aware that we will have loads of disapointments and ups and downs fully prepared my friend but im also very aware of people that will try to pull the wool and this i will not tolerate.

This guy was not only the agent but he was infact the owner of this lake and land so he should have known exactly what he was selling before we spent all that money on a wasted trip that cost alot of money.

Please dont forget i did tow him out of the place and also got him and his car out onto the road free of charge, or should i have charged him or left him in the ditch where he had broken down.

My atitude is perfectly ok and im sure i should have worded it more ummmmmmm   correctly lol but hey im just Mr Riff [:D]

Kind Regards to all.

Mr Riff

Aah, you didn't say that the agent was really the owner, or that you had helped him (unless I missed those things) which does change the situation. Even so, you will have to be prepared for a lot of wasted journeys if you have such specific requirements about sizes of lakes etc. Was it not evident from the pictures you were sent that the lake might have been smaller than you wanted?