plumbing - size of taps & water pipes

AEB

Sorry if this has been covered before - I have found the perfect bath and taps in the UK for my French house.  Are the diameters of the water pipes the same in France for baths and basins as they are in the UK?  I.E. three quarters of an inch and half an inch (albeit in metric equivalents) respectively.

Many thanks  

The threads are the same ie 1/2 and 3/4 BSP but if you are using french copper pipe you will need to get the connectors in France.This is because their pipe is 14mm or 16mm rather than 15mm in the UK.They sell the flexible ones which I find much easier to use.

Hi

I would suggest also it maybe wise to fit a pressure reducer on the cold inlet, will reduce the noise created with the normal high pressure. The valves are normally set at about 3 bar, adjustable if neccessary, cost less than 25 euros, and simple to fit, money well spent!

regards

Personally i can't understand why you would want to transport a bath and taps out from uk when there is a far greater choice of styles in france at much lower prices. However, the pipe sizes in france vary greatly and although it is possible to commect to UK fittings it is not always wise to do so. Althought generally water pressure is high, insome areas it can be quite low and pipe sizes depend on the size of your incoming main supply. If i were you i would only contemplate taking a UK bath to france if i really couldn't find a suitable one there .....best of luck

sheldon