Is Mr Bricolage closing down?

Pierre ZFP

or is it just my local branch in Fruges (Pas-de-Calais)?

I went there on Saturday to find the place packed, 50+ people at the cash desk and big signs '40% off everything' .  I only wanted a few screws and things and could not think of anything else I could get at these prices.  I didn't want to buy stuff just for the sake of it but  my mind went blank and I think I've let some bargains go.

Yeah there's a big Mr B at Hesdin, 'bout 15Km further on.  The one at Fruges never seemed to have much stock and was very tatty.  The staff were always great and helpful though. There's a Big Mat opened up nearby - all shiny and full of goodies.  I got stuck with the Saturday lad who took 20mins to find the price of a bag of ordinary ciment, good job I didn't want anything out of the usual.  I'll have to go and see if they have a replacement flywheel for one that's gone skew on t' treadle [;-)]

[quote user="tenniswitch"]They opened a large, new store in our area about a year ago.  Closed the small, old one.  Could they be doing something similar in your area?  Maybe opening a big one in a nearby town?[/quote]

Ditto, although it was only a few months ago.  New one really good and means we don't have to travel up to Leroy Merlin on the outskirts of Toulouse anymore.

Sounds like they're expanding nationally. 

• 2 weeks later...
[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]

or is it just my local branch in Fruges (Pas-de-Calais)?

I went there on Saturday to find the place packed, 50+ people at the cash desk and big signs '40% off everything' .  I only wanted a few screws and things and could not think of anything else I could get at these prices.  I didn't want to buy stuff just for the sake of it but  my mind went blank and I think I've let some bargains go.

[/quote]

Just returned to UK this afternoon, Pierre, from Ambricourt, next to Fruges! The trouble with M. Bricolage in Fruge were the prices! [Www] Probably double elsewhere.

As we drove past today, the discount was already up to 50%:so the price is now about normal!

The Pointe Verte on the road to Coupelle Vielle is relocating to the old M.B's site, so now it's either Hesdin, or elsewhere, such as Big M in Crequy.

The good news is that young Michal is being employed by Pointe Verte.