Returning damaged goods for replacement

Rtony

Hello All,

I ordered 3 oak windows over the internet from Lapeyre in May. I ordered them early so I could collect them from the nearest store (35 km away) when I arrived in France at the end of July.

I collected them on the day that I wanted them but when I got them out of the car I noticed that on one of the windows the plastic covering was ripped and there was a split in the wood at the bottom.

I opened the two openers for a better look and one of them had damage at the top and the bottom with about an inch of wood broken off each end.

I took the damaged opener back to the store and the assistant said I could have a replacement delivered to our house the following week, which was good. Unfortunately the manager was there and decided that I couldn't have a replacement and the opener would have to be repaired. The repaired unit wouldn't be ready until September!

I told him that I didn't break it, I wanted a new part and that I wouldn't be in France after August until next year. He wasn't interested.

I've emailed Lapeyre customer services today asking if this was company policy and they replied that the manager acted in accordance with company policy and that I should take the window back to the shop for a repair the next time I'm in France.

I find it hard to believe that this can be allowed to happen.

Any comments please?

Unfortunately it sounds  'normal'. Have had much bigger problems  than cheese but today decided to take some back which had gone green in a couple of days. This was on top of rotten eggs, milk, veg etc in the last few weeks. Anyway I was told 'I' must not have stored it correctly. Oh for a Tesco. One of the funniest was when we took a faulty TV back and the store lost it. Six years later we are still waiting for it [:D] Lots of other stories but just thought of a Lapeyre one. We ordered some very large patio doors and asked for home delivery which was very expensive. With no previous notification we received a call from the lorry driver saying he was lost and was trying to deliver. OH went to find him(luckily we were at home). Lorry arrived at Chez Nous no lifting gear and one man. Huge heavy patio door so lorry driver asked for a hand, with three of us it was still a struggle and we paid extra for this experience. French neighbours who summer  in the south moan about the service here but say they get good service in the north.

We are very good at the shrug now and if we get good service are very surprised. [8-)]

[quote user="Rtony"]

Hello All,

I ordered 3 oak windows over the internet from Lapeyre in May. I ordered them early so I could collect them from the nearest store (35 km away) when I arrived in France at the end of July.

I collected them on the day that I wanted them but when I got them out of the car I noticed that on one of the windows the plastic covering was ripped and there was a split in the wood at the bottom.

I opened the two openers for a better look and one of them had damage at the top and the bottom with about an inch of wood broken off each end.

I took the damaged opener back to the store and the assistant said I could have a replacement delivered to our house the following week, which was good. Unfortunately the manager was there and decided that I couldn't have a replacement and the opener would have to be repaired. The repaired unit wouldn't be ready until September!

I told him that I didn't break it, I wanted a new part and that I wouldn't be in France after August until next year. He wasn't interested.

I've emailed Lapeyre customer services today asking if this was company policy and they replied that the manager acted in accordance with company policy and that I should take the window back to the shop for a repair the next time I'm in France.

I find it hard to believe that this can be allowed to happen.

Any comments please?

[/quote]

You will have to go along with them, however I would not have left the store with the manager's offer of a September delivery or the damaged window,and I would have contacted my credit card company,

[quote user="spg"][quote user="LEO"]

and I would have contacted my credit card company,

[/quote]

Why?

Sue

[/quote]

If you purchase goods or services that dont deliver as promised , your credit card company will initially put a debit on that  particular merchants account pending further enquiries , made by the your credit card company.