toilets

Nicos

We have one in our house, a Saniflo, put in by the last owners.  We have been here four years ( I think it was installed a few years before that) and it has given no problems whatsoever.  It is a bit noisy but as it's at the end of the utility area on the ground floor that doesn't matter.  If you go to the brico sites on line (www.castorama.fr or www.leroymerlin.fr for example) you will see a selection with prices. 

The two I mentioned are self-contained. They are operated by tapping a small rubber button on the side, which sends a gush of air into a solenoid valve. Thus they only operate upon request; not autonomously.

The only nose one hears is a sucking sound when the device is first operated: after that it is not very noisy at all. One is fitted right alongside a kitchen diner and sitting at the table which is immediately adjacent to the dividing wall, I have heard no noise when the Loo is flushed, or more correctly, operated.

Neither have given any problems nor required service. Both now two years + old and still operating correctly.

One of the ladies who works for me has one fitted in a bijou washroom: this combines both the small washbasin waste and the loo per se. And yes, this is quite noisy, however it is a separate unit. No problems reported.

I did enjoy the DIY humour link: and of course, if people will throw all sorts of detritus into a loo which ought not to be well, thrown into a loo, even the biggest wastepipe and sewer will block, macerator or no macerator!

We have 2.No problems in use except noise and when visitors children obviously thought the noise good fun,filled the bog and hence macerator with 15 miles of paper!not a pleasant job to unblock-where does one empty the thing,in a bathroom that has to use small bore pipework?Had many French contractors tut-tut quoting for a repacement fosse.They said that the small particles greatly increases the carry over and fouling of the filter bed,and therefore wouldnt quote!!!!!Nuff said!     Maude

[quote user="maude"]

Had many French contractors tut-tut quoting for a repacement fosse.They said that the small particles greatly increases the carry over and fouling of the filter bed,and therefore wouldnt quote!!!!!Nuff said!     Maude

[/quote]

[img]http://bestsmileys.com/paranoid/2.gif[/img]