Pointing an internal wall

Alias

I live near Vire in Normandy and am about to set out on a new task-the pointing of an end wall c.20ft x 8ft.  The range of mortar available is only exceeded by the amount of advice on how to do it, so I'll be very specific.  I'd like to find something that is ready mixed and-importantly-comes in a range of colours other than grey.

I tried Multibat mixed with 4 parts yellow sand but it was still very grey. Does anyone know where to buy something that will do the trick? Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi

My builder (french) repointed an internal wall for me last week - He had to try and copy the existing pointing and he used something called:

Lutèce Multic Plâtre polyvalent.   He mixed it with 6 parts "sharp" sand and the result is a cream colour  which amazingly does match the existing - he was a  bit worried as there are so many different colour permutations  -  Sorry it's not ready mix but the result is great!!

I seem to remember  something called 'Topral' which if my memory serves me correctly is a ready mix and comes in a range of different colours.  It was quite a time ago that I used it and works out relatively expensive the M².  I guess it depends what you want. At least with the ready mix you get the same colour all over.  Good Luck

I have used Terralit, this is made by Weber & Broutain, and cost about £8.00 per 25 kg sac, available throughout France.

Each region has its own colour (normally).

I usually slap it in the joint with a large sponge followed by cleaning off the excess with a wire brush.

This, Terralit, or similar products, is the best way of obtaining a constant coloured joint. 

Johnd