Hole For French Socket!

Colandhelinfrance

Dont buy a cheap one, they invariably cut oversize (if you are talking about cutting the hole in plasterboard) and the retaining lugs on the backboxes are tiny and will pull through the oversize hole.

Better to use a smaller size and then ease out the hole than be left with one too big.

What I did was buy the plastic circular back boxes at same time of buying sockets to fit, then measured diameter of plastic back box, and cut just slightly less.

However I have had trouble doing doubles because the small distance between both holes means the centre is not strong enough for the grippers, maybe someone will advise on this.

[quote user="vanessa"]

However I have had trouble doing doubles because the small distance between both holes means the centre is not strong enough for the grippers, maybe someone will advise on this.

[/quote]

Simple. Don't use sockets with griffes. They haven't been legal (except in renovations - i.e when you already have a box) since 2004.

No way can you fit 2 sockets with griffes in a double placo box safely. Actually, you can, but I'm not going to tell you how because you shouldn't.