Crepie - Correct french name for the various colours

Panda

Hi

I want to avoid my house being that nasty shade pink/orange you see so many new builds in and so want to be able to instruct the builder correctly, I want cream but does anyone know what the correct colour is called in French when referring to crepie.  He has suggested rouge sable which I'm scared is the dreaded pink.

Thanks

Panda

Thanks Kathy

That sounds close, actually now you mention it I have seen that colour in the brico's  on the large tubs of crepie, anyone else who perhaps has had a contractor to crepie the whole house know if this is a choice offered?

Yes the contractors enduit is the same Ton pierre coloured crepi but looks more subtle due to the texture. Its the only choice offered here! A bit like a model T Ford.

The contractors will begrudgingly use another colour at a vastly inflated price even though it costs them the same (developers dont get charged the supplement, only naive British ones)

I guess in your area they all like to use the horrid pink one. I suggest that you pick up a colour chart from your Brico and tell him firmly what you want, as only a fraction of these colours will be available in enduit he will have no choice but to begrudgingly produce his own colour chart, if you just ask to see it he will probably deny its existance.

P.S.

Why does everybody refer to enduit à projeter as crepi? Is that what the contractors call it or list it on the devis as?

We bought Ton Pierre for ours from Mr. Bricolage. It's ok but more like primrose than stone. But definitely not pink. You can't tell what it's going to be like until you've put it on the wall and it dries. So if you've bought huge bargain size then don't like it, hard luck [:(]