When are the EDF Heaures Creuses?

ChrisintheNoir

I am currently deciding whether to go with the EDF flat rate tariff or the on/off peak setup with the higher annual fee for my property in 24. What I have been trying to find out without success is what times the lower cost per unit (Heures Creuses?) would be in operation so I can calculate what tariff is likely to work out at the best value for me.

Any help would be very appreciated.

[quote user="ChrisintheNoir"]

What I have been trying to find out without success is what times the lower cost per unit (Heures Creuses?) would be in operation so I can calculate what tariff is likely to work out at the best value for me. [/quote]

Where we live - Morbihan 56 - the HC are from approx 23h in the evening to 7h next morning, give or take a few minutes. I think it might vary slightly from region to region.

Sue

[quote user="Clair"]they do vary.

Mine are 2-5pm and 2-7am.

[/quote]

So are ours Clair, but only for existing clients - these hours are no longer available for new clients - they can only have 23h til 7h.

Crikey Cooperlola how do you manage to get all those hours; I thought the max achievable was 8!!

Sue

Hi

We live in Perigord Vert (24) and have Heures Creuses from 23.30 - 7.30. Our neighbour's house (which has changed hands 3 times in the 7 years we've been living here) has slightly different. Think they have something like 22.30 - 6.30. Our daughter now rents a flat in Perigueux (from last September) and her HC is split into during the night and also lunchtime. Can't remember offhand the exact times but it works out the same overall, but really handy for her as she goes there to cook her lunch and so puts her washing machine on then too and, of course, her water heater reheats too.

We too have a timer switch for washing machine, although some say this can be a fire risk. Our fire fighter son-in-law agrees and won't leave their washing machine on when they're not in their house. I also have a timer switch on our dishwasher and run both during the night to save electricity. Have to say, it does make a big difference to our bills!

When we first came here, the chap at the EDF office was very helpful and after asking what electrical appliances we would have, he advised us on the best option and kw (puissance)  for us.

Anna