concrete patio

sackville

Our front terrace/patio is in a pretty poor state. It was undoubtably put in when the house was built (30 years or so) The question is : can it be temporarily resurfaced just for appearance sake?   I was thinking about perhaps being able to skim a new concrete surface over the old pitted surface, perhas with the aid of some sort of 'glue' to enable the old and new to adhere? I know that the correct solution is to dig up and replace the whole thing but a) it is not used for sitting out on and b) the very thought of the effort makes me feel tired. Any suggestions appreciated

Is it just pitted and rough or are there any cracks running across it? If there are cracks then any layer you put on is likely to crack in the same place. If it's just rough you could probably give it a new look with a self-levelling screed. Sorry I can't recommend any products -- long time since I did this sort of thing.

On the other hand, it may be quite thin anyway. Apart from car parking areas, concrete around houses I've had dealings with was thin & easy to break out.

• 2 weeks later...