Wiring lights

bixy

Does anyone know where there is, on the internet, a clear diagram for wiring two lights off one switch? I've searched but the diagrams are incomprehensible to me. The trouble is I don't really understand electricity - it seems like a kind of witchcraft to me. Any help greatly appreciated.

Patrick

[quote user="Jonzjob"]For crying out loud Patrick, if you are that good at electrics then PLEASE get an elactrician to do it. At the least it could burn your house down and at worst kill someone!!![:-))][/quote]

you will not need an  ELACTRCIAN  if you do it wrong  you will sh1t yourself naturally

Dave 

[I]

Yes, I think I get the general drift. I have actually done wiring before, but under the supervision of a friend who has wired his whole house. He will be helping me again and of course I would show him anything I had done before it would be connected to the mains. I just thought I might be able to do a bit before he arrives and a good clear diagram might help me to understand better.

Anyway you have confirmed my suspicions - it is a kind of witchcraft. Would garlic round the fusebox help?

Patrick

Exactly what configuration are you going to have with these lights Patrick? Is it a situation where there are 2 ceiling lights in the same room for instance??

Garlic round the fusebox is a great idea, then you would know where to find it when you are cooking! But you would have to know which box is the fuse box though [8-)]??? [:D]

One switch for two lights is easy, just wire each light to the SWITCHED live and neutral, remembering to attach the earth wire if your wiring has it.

You can use a junction box to allow the wires from the switch and neutral to be split.

Patrick

there are some examples of wiring circuits on this website http://electric.system.free.fr/index/index.htm and more particularly, the wiring diagram you asked for is on this one http://electric.system.free.fr/schemas/schemas.htm#sch_3 - click on number 3

I would still agree with the recommendation that you get a general book to understand electricity better as the wiring diagram you want is a very basic and straightforward scheme and if you are unsure of how to do this, it suggests that you have little understanding of the subject.

better safe than fried or burnt!

Danny