Brico Dépôt online

Clair

No real surprises there, as expected just a hollow menu structure with no real usefull information.

You can find where stores are, view the (not so) latest "arrivages" and telecharge a catalogue should someone else being paying for the ink cartridges but not much else.

I just hope that they build on it and actually put some items, prices etc in all the various empty categories, however I suspect that I  will be getting my telegram from Camilla before that, this is France, an internet free zone after all  [:P]

Editted: I much prefer the catologues anyway, they have been my bible since arriving here, I recently also found the Leroy Merlin "Construire et renover" big free book, highly recommended for the early years in this different building environment;

[quote user="J.R gone native"]I much prefer the catalogues anyway, they have been my bible since arriving here[/quote]

I wish we could receive them here!!

Every time we make the trip to Périgueux, it's pot luck, fingers crossed, hoping they have what we need...[:(]

[quote user="J.Rs gone native"]

No real surprises there, as expected just a hollow menu structure with no real usefull information.[/quote]

Did you look at the same site as i did.

I think not.

But then again   Horses for courses

but as the plumber said  (i am only a joiner)

[quote user="geoff"][quote user="J.Rs gone native"]

No real surprises there, as expected just a hollow menu structure with no real usefull information.[/quote]

Did you look at the same site as i did.

I think not.

[/quote]

Quoi?

[quote user="J.Rs gone native"][quote user="geoff"][quote user="J.Rs gone native"]

[/quote]

Quoi?

[/quote]

Yes, keep up and stick to the subject and no I didn't think you were referring to me.

I think the site is quite good and of course excellent for pricing a job out before starting another expensive project.

Can some kind soul help me out please? 

I need to get some of those concrete 'rings' often used for large drains or, as in my case, place them vertically for access to the cap of a fosse nearly 2 metres below ground. I have no idea what they are called in English let alone French.  They need to be 80 cm in diameter but I could adapt a little I think, anybody know what I should ask or search for on the BricoDespot site?

When I get a mo' I'll post my experiances last weekend of a 'Full Fosse' [+o(]

Still, it has a happy ending [:P]

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]

I think the site is quite good and of course excellent for pricing a job out before starting another expensive project.

Can some kind soul help me out please? 

I need to get some of those concrete 'rings' often used for large drains or, as in my case, place them vertically for access to the cap of a fosse nearly 2 metres below ground. I have no idea what they are called in English let alone French.  They need to be 80 cm in diameter but I could adapt a little I think, anybody know what I should ask or search for on the BricoDespot site?

When I get a mo' I'll post my experiances last weekend of a 'Full Fosse' [+o(]

Still, it has a happy ending [:P]

[/quote]

Try

800mm manhole rings

Anneaux de trou de homme  800mm

Sorry to sound thick but are you lot actually able to get prices for things other than arrivages from the site?

It may be that i had to choose my store at the first stage and Arras has not entered their prices yet.

Can you actually search for things like 800mm manhole rings? If so then I must have been looking at a different site.

Perhaps again being thick I cant see the reference to the electric thread but work beckons.

[quote user="J.R"s gone native

Can you actually search for things like 800mm manhole rings? If so then I must have been looking at a different site.

peut-etre que oui

Which store were you looking at Geoff?  My local Brico site doesn't seem to have the same facilities, and I'd like to check out/compare a few prices for some bits and pieces.

For all those who are having trouble finding details on their chosen store site, make sure that you expand the menus on the left and then click on each separate category which is displayed. I have tried all the stores that people are having difficulty with and they have all the detailed categories, with everything listed and prices.

I think that the menu structure is just not so clear...but it is all there.

EDIT>> for example, a page from the Angouleme store page http://www.bricodepot.fr/angouleme/taxonomy/1/6/39

Danny

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="J.R gone native"]I much prefer the catalogues anyway, they have been my bible since arriving here[/quote]
I wish we could receive them here!!
Every time we make the trip to Périgueux, it's pot luck, fingers crossed, hoping they have what we need...[:(]
[/quote]

Clair I was in Leyroy's yesterday and they had new kitchen/bathroom, decorating and garden catalogues... we also picked up the new main catalogue a few weeks ago... so if you're going soon you may be in luck? [:)]

[quote user="Cat"]Which store were you looking at Geoff?  My local Brico site doesn't seem to have the same facilities, and I'd like to check out/compare a few prices for some bits and pieces.[/quote]

The Perigueux site has all the prices, but not all the goods they sell in store[:(]

[quote user="Cat"]Which store were you looking at Geoff?  My local Brico site doesn't seem to have the same facilities, and I'd like to check out/compare a few prices for some bits and pieces.[/quote]

I do-not think there is one in the Lot.

So wich do you use.

[quote user="clarksinfrance"]http://www.promoconso.net/

For those that like the regular Brico Depot catalogue with arrivages, (and all the other junk mail) click the link above and then the bricolage link on the LHS.
[/quote]

Now thats good,

Should help a lot of people,

lets hope they all read it.

Thanking you