butane gas cookers-stopped burning correctly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HELP PLEASE QUICK.

chirpy

Hi,

I have aSCHOLTES gas hob new 6 years and use butane without problem.

today gas runs out and I PUT NEW BOTTLE ON BUT FLAME BLOWS AND STUTTERS AND NOT AS HIGH OR STRONG AS NORMAL.

IS THERE ANY POSSIBILITY OF BOTTLE CONTAINING WATER??

hob has5  metal discs resting on supports and no apparent dirt around -AND PROBLEM SAME FOR EACH GAS RING.

there are 2 bottles and if one is removed is there a chance air can enter system to reduce gas flow or give parial gas supply??

Will buy another bottle and try again unless you have ay ideas.

If not sandwiches again

Thanks for your quick response..[:(][B]

Hello AB

The bottle won't contain water so discount that.

First check your regulator connection, if this isn't tight enough it causes leaks and icing.

Air can enter the system when you change a bottle this will give you an unstable burn until it is cleared, put a small ring on for a short period and see if this clears the problem.

I would say if you have had no problems in the past this is the most likely..

At this point I suggest if the problem persists you call in a gas supplier.

Hope this helps.

Charlie........

Yes it's butane and fitted by plumber with all new regulaters etc.

When I bought cooker since I am in the countryside without mains gas they changed burner nozzles which were supplied with new hob.

Thanks.

[quote user="Ab"]

Hi,

I have aSCHOLTES gas hob new 6 years and use butane without problem.

today gas runs out and I PUT NEW BOTTLE ON BUT FLAME BLOWS AND STUTTERS AND NOT AS HIGH OR STRONG AS NORMAL.

IS THERE ANY POSSIBILITY OF BOTTLE CONTAINING WATER??

hob has5  metal discs resting on supports and no apparent dirt around -AND PROBLEM SAME FOR EACH GAS RING.

there are 2 bottles and if one is removed is there a chance air can enter system to reduce gas flow or give parial gas supply??

Will buy another bottle and try again unless you have ay ideas.

If not sandwiches again

Thanks for your quick response..[:(][B][/quote]

If nothing has changed except another bottle of identical gas, then it sounds strongly like air in the pipe. Quite normal. How long have (had) you been trying to light the gas without success? Normally a few seconds is all it needs.

Apart from your problem you say you have two bottles of Butane

If they are inside the installation is illegal, you are only allowed one bottle inside

If they are outside they are also illegal as they must be propane

I presume you have the correct valve installed to change from one tank to another, if not and you disconnected one bottle you would discharge gas to atmosphere and you would know it

If you got air in the system it would be a limited quantity and the flame would correct itself after a short period

Try a different bottle, if not then possibly some dirt or contamination in the gas supply pipe

Note that if the supply pipe is anything other than a flexible hose with a maximum length of 2 metres you should have a certificate of conformity for the installation

Le Plombier

O.K NOW .

Gas is better flow after running a ong time and tightning the joint from short flexible hose attached to the dual valve.

I assume a lot of air entered.

stove in house but bottles of butane in adjoining building containing oil heating tank and  locked door. all fitted by french registered plumber.

[quote user="Ab"]

O.K NOW .

Gas is better flow after running a ong time and tightning the joint from short flexible hose attached to the dual valve.

I assume a lot of air entered.

stove in house but bottles of butane in adjoining building containing oil heating tank and  locked door. all fitted by french registered plumber.

[/quote]

Very pleased for you ,we can all learn some-thing new each day.

Not as glad as me --sandwiches are very nice but there are some meals that we need the stove.!!

Well my wife does as I am at a complete loss in the kitchen.

In fact 3 years ago my wife fell down our strange french stairs which look like paddles and are used where you are short of space.She had 2 breaks and I was cooking for 2 months!!!!!!!!!

I BOUGHT COOKED CHICKEN BREASTS .Then i made delicious sandwiches with varying ingredients as instucted by the boss.When the docter found out he said she will be flying before she walks again!!!!!!!!!!

[:)][6]