Hot Water Solar and Chauuffe Eau

marky

I am starting work on a barn renovation shortly and considering how to heat the hot water. I would like a woodburner but this would not be used in Summer. I think a Chauffe Eau is the answer  and want to incorporate a Solar panels probably the Navitron type discussed at length on other posts.

Does the hot water produced by the navitron panels get stored in the Chauffe Eau or is there a seperate tank?

Can the chauffe eau be heated from the woodburner as well as Electric and the Solar Navitron panels if required?

What type/Brand Chauffe Eau should I use to achieve this?

Any other advice on this subject would be welcome.

[quote user="marky"]I am starting work on a barn renovation shortly and considering how to heat the hot water. I would like a woodburner but this would not be used in Summer. I think a Chauffe Eau is the answer  and want to incorporate a Solar panels probably the Navitron type discussed at length on other posts.
Does the hot water produced by the navitron panels get stored in the Chauffe Eau or is there a seperate tank?

Can the chauffe eau be heated from the woodburner as well as Electric and the Solar Navitron panels if required?

What type/Brand Chauffe Eau should I use to achieve this?

Any other advice on this subject would be welcome.
[/quote]

Thanks to Glyn Paul for the referral.

To answer your question about the Navitron Evacuated Tube Solar panel hot water system.

The Panels will heat your water to desired temps for most of the year, however you will need some backup system to compensate when there is insufficient radiation to make the desired temperature gains. How long this period will be will vary from region to region, obviously shorter if at all in the South of France (Cote d'Azure) and Longer in the North ( Pays de Calais)  - its a question of Latitude.

The Panels are connected to a Solar rated Cylinder (Balloon) with one or two heating coils and, if necessary a immersion element. So if the Solar system is not coping then a back boiler/solid fuel burner might kick in or the immersion heater or such. Its all controlled by a Computer that will sence temps and make the changes depending on its set parameters.

If you want further discussion, or details then by all means PM me or find what you need on my website (select 'products' and then 'heating')

Andrew

• 2 months later...

We're thinking of installing the Naviton tubes but will need to erect them away from the house.  Can anybody tell me please if there is a maximum distance between the tubes and the cylinder that ought not to be exceeded?

[quote user="Poolguy"]

If you want further discussion, or details then by all means PM me or find what you need on my website (select 'products' and then 'heating')

[/quote]

Would be good if the website displayed properly instead of a little square at the top of the screen.

Yes, I am using Firefox as do many others these days. I can't use Microsoft Internet Explorer as Microsoft Windoze is needed for that and it does not run in Linux!

Never mind, I am sure that there are many people selling solar systems.

Sorry for that Bob

Not much I can do about it as I have raised the problem several times with the site designer and he says that the Flash presentation cannot be converted - I don't know what to do either.

Maybe I can help you with a good old fashion phone call If you PM me your details for contact.

Andrew

Actually Andrew this is a problem that's only going to get worse. My highly scientific and totally representative survey of computer-literate people in La Creuse (asking a couple of friends) would seem to indicate a general trend away from IE. Could you ask your site designer to duplicate the 'radio buttons' outside the flash box, for example? The opening page wouldn't look so clean, admittedly, but at least you wouldn't be losing non-IE surfers.

paul

[quote user="Poolguy"]

Sorry for that Bob

Not much I can do about it as I have raised the problem several times with the site designer and he says that the Flash presentation cannot be converted - I don't know what to do either.

Andrew

[/quote]

I've used Flash many times to design websites and I don't understand what the problem is. I don't see any reason it's shown so small in Firefox. And, yes there's a definite trend away from IE. Firefox is getting more popular by the day.