Frightening

powerdesal

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the red squirrels have been wiped out by the grey squirrels which are now going to be wiped out by the black squirrels, and it might be a testosterone issue, with the black squirrels being the most aggressive of them all.

Now, if you look in the above article, at the photos of each species side by side, do you notice how it is the red squirrel which has the biggest ears, then the grey, and the ears being seriously atrophied in the dominant black squirrel?

Does it mean that the more testosterone you have, the less you are able to listen or hear?

Of course, that might work only for squirrels.[:)]

Back to current affairs........................Helpful hint:  If going for the bell wire option and you find you are sometimes inconvenienced by nuisance power outages.....Try using an m10 bolt in the fuse carrier....(PLEASE DON'T)

Particularly if you wrap the Greengage bell wire around a convenient gas tank, prior to wiring the Redcurrent and Blackcurrent bell wires together and then turn the main switch back on.

N.B. This is the correct method used in France for a good Earth.

This is absolutley true Gluey, french neighbour ran an eletric fence out for her horse, threw the switch, unbeknown to her her 9 year old son was tangled in the wire at the time. Her son doesn't like horses any more.

Chas....[:'(]

[quote user="TefkaC"]

This is absolutley true Gluey, french neighbour ran an eletric fence out for her horse, threw the switch, unbeknown to her her 9 year old son was tangled in the wire at the time. Her son doesn't like horses any more.

Chas....[:'(]

[/quote]

Did any else catch the news item a few years back, where the farmer always had a parking ticket on his old Land Rover every time he visited "Lunnun" for the Smithfield Show?

So before he left, he dumped a 12 volt cattle fence box in the back and wired it up to the battery and the chassis and after parking and locking up, flipped a hidden switch................

The first Yellow Banded Kerb Crawler was not amused.

And, of course, the farmer was done.

Worth it though!

[6]

Supposing we did away with infrastructure wiring and used the cold water pipes as the blackberry, the hot water pipes at the Redcurrant and the gas pipes as the lemon and lime /greengage, this could be a nice and tidy way of wiring ones house and by saving on conductors be doing your bit for the planet, all you would need is some crocodile clips to connect your appliance of choice though for safety's sake I would suggest jump leads for a cooker or electric shower.  (PLEASE DON'T)

Hi Jim,

You have seen through my cunning plan, there is a natural order to everything.... 42mm piping is in my opinion a bit excessive and beyond the normal jaw size for crocodile clips but apart from that I admire your thinking!

Chilled white wine tap on the bath....gets my vote.

This sort of fits in with my basic theory of electrickery. As I understand it electricity is made in a big box called a battery which it leaves in a big fat red wire when it is needed to make something work. If you put a lot of  'S' bends in this wire it will work more different things. Any surplus runs into the ground down a green and yellow wire and when it is nearly all used up it goes back to the battery in a thin black wire to get refilled and it now also comes in chips.

If my memory serves me well.... Quotes from "Electricity for Armourers and Sea Man Gunners"

Electricity is stored in batteries, there are big batteries and small batteries, the small batteries can hold as much as the big ones because the electricity is carefully packed, in the big batteries it is just shovelled in.

You can see electricity at the side of the road sometimes, in the big drums of pipes waiting to be delivered.

Some electricity needs to be connected to the ground to work properly, aircraft have special arrangements.

One day I will find the original print.

[quote user="powerdesal"]If my memory serves me well.... Quotes from "Electricity for Armourers and Sea Man Gunners"

One day I will find the original print.
[/quote]

Being of that ilk I vaguely remember it also credited Voltaire and Ampere with inventing voltage and current respectively and Leclanche with inventing the cell that early electricity was kept in.