what chemical to stop grass growing

woody234

[quote user="woolybananasbrother"]On the other hand you could get or borrow a sheep which will create a nice smooth lawn for you.[/quote]Sounds like a good idea but in practice they sh1t about 10 times more than they eat so you may be exchanging one problem for another [:-))]

I'll tell you a story about it one day [;-)]

The product that we use comes in tins the size of paint cans and is called Chlorate de Soude, you can get it from lots of hardware and garden places.  It's green granules that you mix with water and spray over the area, within two or three days you can see it working and it is very effective, but you have to be very careful not to get it on plants that you want to keep so to spray it on grass or drives and paths is OK.  It is quite corrosive, I found a tin that I hadn't used for two years and lifted it up by the handle ... and the sides of the tin lifted up but the bottom (and contents) stayed on the ground, it had actually corroded the tin, so I think it has a fairly short shelf-life.  Anyway, for large areas get a good sprayer, one that you fill and put on your back or shoulder (again from garden centres).  Good luck.

[quote user="woody234"]thanks for replys, i dont think you can buy napalm anymore so im going to go down mr bricolage and try and get some chlorate de soude[/quote]

Dissolve polystyrene in petrol to make a jelly, its just like napalm.   [6]