Tile grouting

loa

I need some flexible waterproof grout in beige.

I need to grout tiles that are mounted on an under floor tile plastic shower tray.  The tiles are held down with silicone but I'm having real trouble sourcing the right grout after various recommended solutions,  I've now used silicone but, as I thought it would be, it's impossible to clean off.

Any ideas ?

LOA

I'm not sure I read your post correctly. Are these tiles the ones you stand on and have you fixed them down with silicone? If thats the case, you are likely to get some movement both laterally and vertically and this will inevitably make the grout crack, even the flexible type. However, a good quality flexible grout is Mapei. It will be stocked in many places or you could ask them via www.mapei.fr

To remove cured silicone, carefully cut it out with a stanley knife blade and remove any residue with silicone eater, available from DIY outlets, plumbers merchants etc.

If you have any more tiling questions, I'm happy to give any advice.

Thanks for the feedback

The plastic shower tray fits under the floof tiles.  My original tiler used traditional cement and grout.   No good !!

There is a degree of flexibility with the shower tray so, on advice from "Chapeau" (tile merchant) in Saintes  I siliconed  the tiles down.  They also sold me a grout which whilst damp resistant, certainly wasn't waterproof and finished up as a pasty mess. The manufacturer was" Devres" or something like that.

Now I obviously need a flexible grout. That's easy to clean off and waterproof 

I've looked at the Mapei web site and it's not immediately apparent which of their products to use.   Maybe a tadge more reseaarch into the Screwfix catalogue is needed

LOA